Embarrassed about Alopecia problem

Hi all,

I am 22 years old boy from NY. I am suffering from alopecia problem for the past 2 years. Earlier my hair was very shiny and beautiful. I cut my hair from a respectable beauty parlor to get a new look, it is ok but after 6 month later I have started hair loss problems. From the last year my hair is continuously falling. Any body pl help me out.

Hi all,

I am 22 years old boy from NY. I am suffering from alopecia problem for the past 2 years. Earlier my hair was very shiny and beautiful. I cut my hair from a respectable beauty parlor to get a new look, it is ok but after 6 month later I have started hair loss problems. From the last year my hair is continuously falling. Any body pl help me out.

Michael,

Welcome to the community.

For starters, have you gone to see a doctor about your condition? What have they recommended?

Be sure a doctor diagnoses you to be sure if you haven't already that it is Alopecia and not Male Pattern Baldness (MPB). MPB is treated differently.

Do you have any pictures of your condition that you can share with us?

Depending on your condition and as to whether or not your condition will worsen, a hair transplant might be a good option for you in the future. However, being that you are very young (22), it is advisable to wait, since there is no way to know whether or not you will ALSO be effected by MPB.

I'm sorry this isn't much...but it should at least get you started.

Hope it helps.

Bill

Hi. icon_smile.gif

I understand your problem. This problem is very common but still it is harmful for your hair, my wife had also a related problem. She was also very confused about alopecia problem.

She got information from various hair magazines, sites etc. at last she got a site name hairdiseases.com hairdiseases.com where she found various information about alopecia. So I suggest you to see this site I hope this can help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, icon_razz.gif

I consulted with my doctor. After treatment I am still better. But now I want to get much information on hair problems. So please suggest me some sites which provide me some information and thanks u all for your corporation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, icon_smile.gif

i had a hair problem. now my hair is in better condition. this forum really help me a lot to sort out my problem. i also want to collect or share or awareness on various alopecia problems.

thanks,

my wife had also a related problem. She was also very confused about alopecia problem.
(That was the 1st post by Rahul about his wife. And below is the 2nd. Alopecia seems to run in his family?)

I had also same problem like you. My hair was falling very fast. then I consult with my doctor and I found a web site that site give me relevent information on hair loss. I am reffering that site to u.http://www.hairlossinformation.com

What is he selling? A product or just bad info??

Hi Michle,

These problems are basically related with hair and skin diseases.

Telogen effluvium

A major alopecia cause Telogen effluvium (TE) is one of the most prominent alopecia causes. But it is a poorly defined condition and very little research has been done to understand this major hair disease.Telogen Effluvium is an abnormal loss of hair which is due to the alteration of the normal hair growth cycle. The alteration of the normal hair cycle can be due to various factors.

Alopecia areata

This is the skin disease most often begins from childhood itself which can be psychologically devastating.

if u want any other information visit please tell me.