what should I do next?

Hi, I've contacted Dr. Keene via email a few times regarding coming to Phoenix for a in-person consultation. She seems to be the best doctor closest to me(I live in California). Not sure what to do at this point, if I should research a bit more about which doctor to go with or just have it done with Dr. Keene.

After being a member on this forum for a while and looking at pictures and experiences of others that have gone through with a transplant, I think the number of grafts that I'd need would be in the 1500-1750 graft range, if I continue with my current treatments(propecia and nizoral every other day).

Please give me some advice considering my needs and time schedule and how I should continue with this?

Hi, I've contacted Dr. Keene via email a few times regarding coming to Phoenix for a in-person consultation. She seems to be the best doctor closest to me(I live in California). Not sure what to do at this point, if I should research a bit more about which doctor to go with or just have it done with Dr. Keene.

After being a member on this forum for a while and looking at pictures and experiences of others that have gone through with a transplant, I think the number of grafts that I'd need would be in the 1500-1750 graft range, if I continue with my current treatments(propecia and nizoral every other day).

Please give me some advice considering my needs and time schedule and how I should continue with this?

Hi scooping,

I remember seeing some of your posts but can't remember if you have posted pics. Are you pretty comfortable with your estimate or are you looking for second opinions?

What are you looking to achieve and how much have you lost (via Norwood scale)?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi Scooping,

If you're only talking about 1500-1750 grafts, I assume you're looking at enhancing your hairline area. Is that correct? Dr. Keene does very natural hairlines.

I always tell people to consult with more than one doctor just to get a feel for the varying opinions. But that's up to you. If you are comfortable with Dr. Keene then go for it. She is one of the best.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to talk.

BTW - Dr. Keene is in Tucson, not Phoenix.

Gorp

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi SA,

I would definitely recommend you not limit your search to a specific area as there are great docs throughout. Also recommend speaking with at least 2-3 docs for different prespectives and to help you understand if you are making the right decisions.

Also, share with the docs what you are trying to accomplish and let them recommend the number of graphs needed. You may find you need more or even less.

Good luck!

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day