Smoking after post-op ..

Rontine

HI ALL

Dd my HT last week. After seeing pictures of this site, i think my grafts are not closer and denser than how it was promised earlier.. anyway back to my topic..

Is there any post-op ppl here who smokes? bcoz my doc said smoking almost prevents the desired result and he wont guarantee results. Any advice is much welcomed - as im curious if this is usual advice given to ppl who undergo surgeries or it has direct complication with hair sprouting. Im really depressed now as i feel im cheated icon_frown.gif

HI ALL

Dd my HT last week. After seeing pictures of this site, i think my grafts are not closer and denser than how it was promised earlier.. anyway back to my topic..

Is there any post-op ppl here who smokes? bcoz my doc said smoking almost prevents the desired result and he wont guarantee results. Any advice is much welcomed - as im curious if this is usual advice given to ppl who undergo surgeries or it has direct complication with hair sprouting. Im really depressed now as i feel im cheated icon_frown.gif

Why would you want to smoke? Senseless habit icon_mad.gif! I have read that smoking can cause problems with healing after any type of surgery - I don't think your doctor is cheating you, it's your own fault if you want to smoke and risk ruining your HT.

Smoking will be very deleterious to your results. It is harmful to the healing response after any surgergy. Yes, your doc is not exagerating by telling you that you will ruin the results of your surgery by smoking.

An article in the newspaper a few months back said a study shows that smokers who break a leg require 62% more time to heal than non-smokers.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Yes smoking is not a good for your health. I have had a few ht's and smoked. "by telling you that you will ruin the results of your surgery by smoking." You make it sound like it is a definate here. I had nothing but great results. Quit for your health if nothing else.

I had my procedure almost 8 months ago, 9-16-05, and I smoked on the way to the clinic and right afterwards and my grafts came out just fine. I know smoking is bad, but it didn't seem to slow down my recovery process. I've even talked to people who have taken smoking breaks during surgery.