strange strip scar question

Ok, looking forward to the future if I were to decide to get a hair transplant, I think I'd like the flexibility to buzz my head (as I currently do to about a #2).

However, I don't really care if I have a visible scar on the back of my head as long as the scar is not "obviously" the product of a hair transplant.

So, my question is: is it possible for a HT doc to create a donor scar that is not perfectly straight? As in, could the doc make a diagonal scar that would appear to be from some other accident (bar fight, bicycle accident, etc).

Haha, I know this is a little weird... but I personally could care less about a scar on the back of my head provided that it's not clearly due to a hair transplant.

Thaks in advance

Ok, looking forward to the future if I were to decide to get a hair transplant, I think I'd like the flexibility to buzz my head (as I currently do to about a #2).

However, I don't really care if I have a visible scar on the back of my head as long as the scar is not "obviously" the product of a hair transplant.

So, my question is: is it possible for a HT doc to create a donor scar that is not perfectly straight? As in, could the doc make a diagonal scar that would appear to be from some other accident (bar fight, bicycle accident, etc).

Haha, I know this is a little weird... but I personally could care less about a scar on the back of my head provided that it's not clearly due to a hair transplant.

Thaks in advance

Bobby,

Technically, donor tissue can be removed from anywhere on the scalp, but not all locations are optimal for a number of reasons. Firstly, there are increased risks of scar stretching when donor is harvested from certain areas of the scalp, especially below the occipital bump. Secondly, removing tissue from areas too high on the scalp may be vulnerable to future hair loss.

Performing the trichophytic closure technique on a crooked or jagged scar could also be potentiall problematic and maybe even downright impossible.

The good news is, in some cases, donor scars can be so thin that they aren't detectable even when shaved down as close as a 2 clip.

However, if you are really considering cutting your hair down that short, you may want to consider FUE as a possible option, that is, if you're a good candidate for it.

Best wishes,

Bill