DermMatch inhibiting topicals?

Meta-Monster

I've recently starting using DermMatch and am beginning to wonder whether or not it's inhibiting the absorbtion of the other topicals I apply. I'm concerned about this possiblilty because lately I've been experiencing increased hairloss (shedding?), and the topicals feel almost like they're not absorbing well into my scalp (which I could be imagining).

I've read pretty much every DermMatch related thread on these forums, though none of them seem to have specifically discussed this issue beyond advising that in the morning one apply rogaine before using DermMatch. Which leads me to the following questions:

1) For topicals to be affective does one have to wash dermmatch out of their hair before every application of Rogaine, etc.; i.e. morning shower > morning rogaine > dermatch > evening shower > evening rogain? (Thus having to wash their hair twice a day everyday).

2) Exactly how long should one wait after applying rogaine before they can use Dermmatch?

3) If one were to apply rogaine in the morning, a minute later blowdry their hair, and then immediately put in Dermmatch, would the concealer's applicator brush the rogaine off the scalp nullifying it's effects?

Any Dermmatch/topical users out there with any opinions, advice, anecdotes about this issue? I really like this product and would like to find the best, most hassle-free way possible to work into my regime.

NOTE: If I'm seeking advice it's probably best to include info detailing my regime.

Topically, I apply Rogaine (5% foam) once in the morning after taking a shower and once again a few hours before going to bed. I also apply Revivogen (the serum) much earlier on in the evening and copper peptide lotion (Folligen) immediately before going to sleep. About a minute after my morning application of rogaine I blow-dry my hair and then immediately put in DermMatch (via a damp/dry application).

Thanks in Advance,

Meta

I've recently starting using DermMatch and am beginning to wonder whether or not it's inhibiting the absorbtion of the other topicals I apply. I'm concerned about this possiblilty because lately I've been experiencing increased hairloss (shedding?), and the topicals feel almost like they're not absorbing well into my scalp (which I could be imagining).

I've read pretty much every DermMatch related thread on these forums, though none of them seem to have specifically discussed this issue beyond advising that in the morning one apply rogaine before using DermMatch. Which leads me to the following questions:

1) For topicals to be affective does one have to wash dermmatch out of their hair before every application of Rogaine, etc.; i.e. morning shower > morning rogaine > dermatch > evening shower > evening rogain? (Thus having to wash their hair twice a day everyday).

2) Exactly how long should one wait after applying rogaine before they can use Dermmatch?

3) If one were to apply rogaine in the morning, a minute later blowdry their hair, and then immediately put in Dermmatch, would the concealer's applicator brush the rogaine off the scalp nullifying it's effects?

Any Dermmatch/topical users out there with any opinions, advice, anecdotes about this issue? I really like this product and would like to find the best, most hassle-free way possible to work into my regime.

NOTE: If I'm seeking advice it's probably best to include info detailing my regime.

Topically, I apply Rogaine (5% foam) once in the morning after taking a shower and once again a few hours before going to bed. I also apply Revivogen (the serum) much earlier on in the evening and copper peptide lotion (Folligen) immediately before going to sleep. About a minute after my morning application of rogaine I blow-dry my hair and then immediately put in DermMatch (via a damp/dry application).

Thanks in Advance,

Meta

Good point

One of the reasons I never used minoxidil was due to the dermatch I used. .

This doesnt mean you can't it was a pain for me to do both.. I would sugguest applying the rogaine first, let it dry then the dermatch.

Maybe others can chime in as I never did it?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Meta-Monster,

Welcome to our community!

This is an interesting question and one I have not heard posed before. Though I can't answer this question with any degree of certainty, I would suspect that applying minoxodil to your scalp while the dermatch is still in your hair could prevent some absorption. I would assume this because dermatch is quite dense and pretty resistant to most things including water.

Personally, I think it would be in your best interest to wash out the dermatch before you apply the evening Rogaine.

Bill

Thanks for the advice guys.

Yeah, I think I'm going to need to alter the way I put on DermMatch from now on. Since the product is waterproof it would make sense that it could also be topical (liquid) proof as well. The way I apply it in the morning (shower > rogaine > blow-dry > dermmatch) seems to be working pretty well. Though my evening applications don't seem to be getting absorbed well into the scalp. (I just hope the dermmatch applicator isn't brushing off my morning Rogaine).

Washing my hair twice a day will be a pain in the ass and may be too much for my hair to handle. If the second time I wash my hair I just apply a small amount of conditioner to the scalp/hair roots and rub it in with my fingers... that may be enough to break up the dermmatch so that my topicals can absorb properly. Or, maybe if I just make sure I avoid applying it directly to the scalp, I can still apply my topicals later with a dropper etc. and have them absorb properly. Either way I'll have to experiment a bit.

Has anyone else out there figured out an effective way to juggle these products?

By the way, how long is one advised to wait for rogaine to dry before applying another product? Also, would blow-drying one's hair immediately after apply rogaine alter the drugs effectiveness? (Maybe it's active ingredient is heat sensitive?)

Originally posted by Bill:

Meta,

I think giving minoxodil a good 15 minutes or so to dry and soak into the scalp would be advisable. If you put your head in front of a fan or blow dry it on a cool setting (never use heat), the time for it to dry will go down.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks again for the advice. You mentioned to never use heat when helping the minoxodil to dry on the scalp. Has heat been shown to decrease the effectiveness of the drug (i.e. is it heat-sensitive)?

Thanks again,

Meta

Mrkneed

There is no correlation there. Could be just normal hairloss but the fibers do expand the hairshaft

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I figured I'd update this thread regarding my original question about dermmatch inhibiting topicals.

The past few weeks I've been using a conditioner in the evening (revivogen brand) to wash the dermmatch out of my hair before applying my topical products. I must say that I've noticed a huge difference in the absorption of the topicals after I began doing this. They seem to really being getting into the scalp now.

I use a conditioner in the evening because I feel that shampooing twice a day is too much for my hair to handle. Honestly, conditioning twice a day sometimes feels like its a bit too much for my hair. I'm managing to offset this a bit by applying copper peptides (folligen brand) to the scalp and emu oil to the hair shafts right before going to bed. This has definitely helped to keep my hair from feeling 'over-processed' from all of the washing/conditioning/blow-drying I've been doing.

Anyway, I hope this anecdote helps anyone else trying to juggle their concealers/topicals come up with some good ideas.