Minoxidil + Tretinoin (retin-a) formulas?

I have searched and been very surprised to find no discussion of minoxidil + tretinoin formulas. I have been using Dr. Lewenberg's formula ( see www.baldspot.com , 2% minoxidil, .025% tretinoin ) for 6 months and see moderate growth in my temporal area. Has anybody alse used this or the competing Remox (http://www.physicianshairgrowth.com) line of products?

Also, I am very curious about saving money by using separate minoxidil and tretinoin (retin-a). since I know where to get both cheap.

I am curious to hear everyone's experience and feedback.

[This message was edited by souluniversal on April 11, 2003 at 12:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by souluniversal on April 11, 2003 at 12:44 PM.]

I have searched and been very surprised to find no discussion of minoxidil + tretinoin formulas. I have been using Dr. Lewenberg's formula ( see www.baldspot.com , 2% minoxidil, .025% tretinoin ) for 6 months and see moderate growth in my temporal area. Has anybody alse used this or the competing Remox (http://www.physicianshairgrowth.com) line of products?

Also, I am very curious about saving money by using separate minoxidil and tretinoin (retin-a). since I know where to get both cheap.

I am curious to hear everyone's experience and feedback.

[This message was edited by souluniversal on April 11, 2003 at 12:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by souluniversal on April 11, 2003 at 12:44 PM.]

Dr. Lewenberg does not enjoy a good reputation. Applying his Minoxidil-Retin-A formula 4 times a day has reportedly severely irritated peoples' scalps.

I don't think there is any conclusive evidence that Retin-A helps with hair loss.

I believe Dr. Lewenberg tells patients NOT to use Propecia. That's not smart.

I would just buy generic Kirkland brand 5% Minoxidil from Costco... 20 bucks for a 4 month's supply.

I have found no bad refereneces anywhere (includign here) to Dr. Lewenberg or his product. Could you point me in the direction with the negative info on the product?

When I first started use I did experience some mild scalp irritation - partially because my scalp was not acclimated, but mostly because I was ambitiously applying too much too often. I only suffer hair loss along the hairline thus far) After becoming used to the proper application everything has been fine.

I've done the research and found that there are many references on many sites to minoxidil/tretinoin formulas or separatly combined. Apparently many dermatologists have been mixing them for years. Also there was a study conducted by Dr. Lewenberg published in the Advances in Therapy medical journal. I have not purchased it, but the abstract is enoguh, and I know Dr. Lewenberg distributes it for marketing purposes: http://www.advancesintherapy.com/k3n89vq1/1996/135274283.htm

There obviously is some credibility to the product. As far as proof goes and your suggestion of Rogaine: it IS proven that rogaine DOESN'T work on frontal temporal baldness. So it would probably be a waste of time... unless I try it with separate applications of tretinoin. I have seen the results of this product before my own eyes.

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is really old, but I was on Remox and RemoxII for nearly 1 1/2 years and saw absolutely no regrowth as Dr. Klein guaranteed. His money back guarantee isn't worth it's weight either. He keeps telling you that you need more time for results and then after a year he says you didn't use the medication properly. He's agreat guy as far as PR, but I always question buying a product from a doctor who sells his own solution. This stuff would work great at maintaining hair, but I strongly feel it won't re-grow hair a they claim.