Sticky Threads

Hey Bill,

First of all, thank you again for the kind words you always say in response to my posts. I appreciate them.

Second of all, I myself run a website (completely unrelated to hair loss), and I have created several sticky threads that are informative and a way to provide a collected list of FAQs, essentially.

I don't know if this is on this forum already in a different version, but I wonder if it may not be worthwhile to have threads like

1. Scarring

2. Post-HT expectations (based on the preponderance of narratives presented)

3. Rogaine--facts and fiction

Etc.

I know that one can do searches for these, but it may be helpful if certain fundamental questions that are asked often can be easily accessed at the top of the page. That may be helpful to newcomers.

I will be happy to help you out on this, if you like. I do have a demanding job that leaves me with just enough time to make a meal on a good day, so I don't know how good my offer really is.

Hey Bill,

First of all, thank you again for the kind words you always say in response to my posts. I appreciate them.

Second of all, I myself run a website (completely unrelated to hair loss), and I have created several sticky threads that are informative and a way to provide a collected list of FAQs, essentially.

I don't know if this is on this forum already in a different version, but I wonder if it may not be worthwhile to have threads like

1. Scarring

2. Post-HT expectations (based on the preponderance of narratives presented)

3. Rogaine--facts and fiction

Etc.

I know that one can do searches for these, but it may be helpful if certain fundamental questions that are asked often can be easily accessed at the top of the page. That may be helpful to newcomers.

I will be happy to help you out on this, if you like. I do have a demanding job that leaves me with just enough time to make a meal on a good day, so I don't know how good my offer really is.

Female_Hair_Loss,

Thank you for proposing this idea.

In fact, you must have ESP or something as Pat the Publisher and I were just discussing this very same thing on the phone last night.

The closest thing we have to that right now would be this thread which lists some of the recent hot topics recently posted on our hair loss Q&A blog. In fact, I will be updating this sticky thread shortly.

I actually do have a MSWord document (over 150 pages now) with a number of frequently asked questions. The majority of them can also be found on the blog as well.

But I like your idea - and certainly the three you gave as an example are truly "hot topic" issues.

I also appreciate your willingness to help. I'll tell you what, feel free to post some of the questions you'd be interested in seeing answers to. This might help get the ball rolling a bit. I might just even have some of them answered already and can simply create a thread with link backs to them.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Bill

you must have ESP or something

icon_smile.gifI only wish. No, as an Admin of a website for several years that caters to people from around the world, I have had to be very organized, so it's more experience rather than ESP.

I have looked at the blog, but that was still inefficient--at least for me--to locate information quickly.

I actually do have a MSWord document (over 150 pages now)

Excellent. You have half the work already done. One of the things I did also was to simply cut and paste comments from others from throughout the forum and simply collated them into one thread.

My biggest recommendation would be, if sticky threads are created, to:

1. Create a completely new topic thread (a book, say)

2. Create sub-threads which will be alphabetically arranged. (Sections of the book)

3. Within "2.," create sub threads (chapters for the sections of the book).

The most important thing would be to make sure that it is alphabetical.

I'll tell you what, feel free to post some of the questions you'd be interested in seeing answers to

I may have some time this weekend to read through the forum and see which topics get raised over and over again. Maybe there are others who are willing to help out because I know from experience that it can be an arduous process. My site's members, however, were appreciative.

Please note, Bill and Pat that

a) I am not criticizing the format of this forum

b) I am offering these as friendly suggestions and do not mean to undermine your work.

FLH,

I know you are not criticizing and I appreciate your suggestions.

Whether or not we will be able to catalog things alphabetically or not in a hair loss community (since questions are always asked different ways) - I'm not sure - but having a sticky thread with a number of FAQs is a great idea.

Over time, I'm sure we'll be able to create something more useful.

In the meantime, our resources are always available to everyone.

Thanks for helping out and being a part of our community!

Bill

Bill,

I totally understand that alphabetizing would not be possible.

Also, I feel that I have failed you. I ended up completely revamping my other website (banners and all, and the various codes needed to change even the slightest changes took up most of my time).

I see that you have updated the blogs, so are you still interested in sticky threads? If you are, then if you give me a week or so, I will make time to come up with some recurring topic titles. If not, that's totally fine as well.

Female,

You have not failed me at all!

I think coming up with a FAQ sticky thread would be a great idea. You are under no obligation to assist with this but any help you would like to give is surely appreciated. This will be more of a long term project probably as we gather data and piece it all together.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this thread or you can email me privately at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

Best wishes,

Bill

Maybe this particular thread should be moved somewhere less related to the particular topic here? It'd be nice to have it be a public thread so that veteran contributors can (if they so desire) add to the list. I am a newbie to this site, and I am sure that there are others who can help on this long-term goal.

Just a suggestion/thought.

I think the search feature is a great under utilized tool as well. This is a simple way to find individualized post relavent to the question of the user

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!