Propecia - on and off

venkat_1980

Hi,

I would like to share my experiences and also get some suggestions from you folks!

ater speaking to few doctors i started taking propecia in March 2007 and trust me it sure worked for me, it reduced the hair fall (it was still falling, but the rate was pretty low). unfortunately, i started experiencing side effects like difficulty in erection. i was scared and stopped using it. but i couldnt resist being on propecia because of its results and my concern on my hairloss, so started using it again, worked again but had the side effects.

so i basically was on-off propecia for like 3 times. everytime i am off it, i lose a lot of hair and recently i lost a lot of hair. i wonder if i was wrong discontuing using propecia. but being a male of 27, i couldn't risk my sexual potency.

so, what do you guys suggest? should i be on propecia? i mean is it guaranteed that any sexual problems due to propecia go away for sure once i stop using it?

i will also be getting my HT done probably in like a month from now. have personal consultations with Dr.Berstein, Dr.Feller and Dr. Eipstein in like 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Venkat

Hi,

I would like to share my experiences and also get some suggestions from you folks!

ater speaking to few doctors i started taking propecia in March 2007 and trust me it sure worked for me, it reduced the hair fall (it was still falling, but the rate was pretty low). unfortunately, i started experiencing side effects like difficulty in erection. i was scared and stopped using it. but i couldnt resist being on propecia because of its results and my concern on my hairloss, so started using it again, worked again but had the side effects.

so i basically was on-off propecia for like 3 times. everytime i am off it, i lose a lot of hair and recently i lost a lot of hair. i wonder if i was wrong discontuing using propecia. but being a male of 27, i couldn't risk my sexual potency.

so, what do you guys suggest? should i be on propecia? i mean is it guaranteed that any sexual problems due to propecia go away for sure once i stop using it?

i will also be getting my HT done probably in like a month from now. have personal consultations with Dr.Berstein, Dr.Feller and Dr. Eipstein in like 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Venkat

Hi venkat

I started on Proscar Sept 07 following my HT with Dr Feller. I experienced a few sides initially, but stuck with it and 3-months on they have disappeared. I understand that it takes the body around that lenght of time to adjust to the medication. That adjustment includes a slight elevation in testosterone levels over time to compensate for an initial suppression of testosterone when you first start taking it. This could be the cause of the problems you have experienced. As this is basically a hormone treatment, you need to be consistant in its use, taking it everyday, at the same time and same dose. If you stop and start, your body isn't able to make that adjustment.

Cheers

Custard

Hi Venkat,

I have the same problem with propecia. However I find that the side effects subside when i reduce the dosage to half a propecia per day (0.5mg fin.

At that dosage you can still gain the bulk of the benefit from propecia without the sides.

Everyone is different so who knows but it would be worth a try for you.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"