Anyone faced this problem with the usage of minoxidil

mirzaTechie

hi friends,I've been using minoxidil only on the crown area as i was aware of that it will have its effects only on crown area, but my doctor insists me to apply on front area as well but since that was transplanted i've never bothered to apply.But after last week's visit to my doctor i've started applying minox on frontal area(which has some native hairs and transplanted hairs) then after few days(9-10 days) the hair of frontal area became very thin and im very upset that i was losing density.I immediately stopped applying minox on frontal area.Has anyone faced this problem,Is it fine if i don't apply the minox on frontal area since already hair transplantation is done at that area.Can i regain my thicker density of hair?Please advise.

UFUT - 2491 Grafts at Dr. Madhu

Mx-5 (Topical Minoxidil 5%)

Finpecia (Generic finasteride)

See My Hair Loss Website.

Hi mirzaTechie,

'Shedding' is a common side effect in the early stages of minoxidil use as weak hairs fall out. The good news is, however, that these hairs are replaced by stronger, healthier and thicker hairs which continue to grow normally.

If you're concerned you should give your doctor a ring to let him know, but minoxidil works by improving the health of hair follicles and that often means they will shed before growing more healthily.

In addition transplanted hairs often fall out immediately after a transplant before growing new and healthy again. This is an unfortunate but normal event. The main thing to remember it is not the individual hair that matters, only the follicle. All of us, balding or not, shed hairs, and it's completely normal to make way for healthy ones. I'm sure if you continue to use minoxidil your hair will grow back thicker and healthier over the coming weeks, and that will only be improved when your transplant kicks in!

Remember if you are really concerned tell your Doctor. But on the surface your shedding sounds normal and, ultimately, like your hair will come back stronger!

Originally posted by mahhong:

Hi mirzaTechie,

'Shedding' is a common side effect in the early stages of minoxidil use as weak hairs fall out. The good news is, however, that these hairs are replaced by stronger, healthier and thicker hairs which continue to grow normally.

If you're concerned you should give your doctor a ring to let him know, but minoxidil works by improving the health of hair follicles and that often means they will shed before growing more healthily.

In addition transplanted hairs often fall out immediately after a transplant before growing new and healthy again. This is an unfortunate but normal event. The main thing to remember it is not the individual hair that matters, only the follicle. All of us, balding or not, shed hairs, and it's completely normal to make way for healthy ones. I'm sure if you continue to use minoxidil your hair will grow back thicker and healthier over the coming weeks, and that will only be improved when your transplant kicks in!

Remember if you are really concerned tell your Doctor. But on the surface your shedding sounds normal and, ultimately, like your hair will come back stronger!

Hey dude,

about that.. are you certain about that as the reason for shedding? I'm thinking of starting minoxidil as both of my temple areas are starting to thin out a lot (particularly my right side as it stands). Anyway, I fear that if I don't start the Minox soon, then I won't be able to hang on to whats there. On the other hand, I don't want to shed all of a sudden what I do have left there, even though I know it's gonna fall out anyway.

Basically, what I want to know is this. In shedding, do the hairs that are already 'dead' just fall out quicker, and then it remains to be seen whether they regrow (meaning, there is a small chance), whereas the hairs that don't shed are probably being held in place for hopefully as long as you stay on the minox?

Or does the whole 'holding it in place' apply also to the hairs that shed, and which you can presume will regrow, as well as the hairs that don't shed, but that would eventually fall out even without the minox shed?

cheers

I started using minox about 4 months ago, a little less. I've been shedding like mad, and am still shedding like mad. Not sure if anything is growing back though... I'm going to just keep the minox up at this point and hope it grows back. It's getting close to the 4 month mark