4 months post-op assessment

Hi all,

I just crossed the 4 months mark after my procedure of 1500 grafts, mainly on hairline. I would like to believe that so far so good. I experienced a quite significant degree of shock loss mostly during the second month, then it stopped and should all came back now I owe Bill a thank you for his encouragement based on personal experience. Hairline => Most growth/thickness on frontal section, then temples right side shows much more growth than left side (John_in_NC) mentioned this in recent post, as well as other friends - is so weird though). Now, hairs are still thin and there's no density, but when I take a close look I can see new tiny sprouts. There's no cosmetic difference yet, and sometimes I try to explain how these new hair can add up to the number of grafts that were placed, but then I say it might be too early.

I am meeting with my doctor shortly, for the first time after the procedure.

Is what am describing normal, or am I moving slow? I really hope the whole thing works..

thanks!

Hi all,

I just crossed the 4 months mark after my procedure of 1500 grafts, mainly on hairline. I would like to believe that so far so good. I experienced a quite significant degree of shock loss mostly during the second month, then it stopped and should all came back now I owe Bill a thank you for his encouragement based on personal experience. Hairline => Most growth/thickness on frontal section, then temples right side shows much more growth than left side (John_in_NC) mentioned this in recent post, as well as other friends - is so weird though). Now, hairs are still thin and there's no density, but when I take a close look I can see new tiny sprouts. There's no cosmetic difference yet, and sometimes I try to explain how these new hair can add up to the number of grafts that were placed, but then I say it might be too early.

I am meeting with my doctor shortly, for the first time after the procedure.

Is what am describing normal, or am I moving slow? I really hope the whole thing works..

thanks!

Ops normal if I am a gauge. But, you should start seeing visable growth in the 4-6 month period. Then, significant change in the 6-8 month period. Hang in there buddy, the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train!! Cheers, S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

victo,

I'm glad I could be of some help to you. So you're welcome icon_wink.gif. Hang in there buddy....4 months is still early on in the post op stage. I know how easy it is to want the growth to come in NOW. I'm right behind you...only a smidge over 3 months and even with my knowledge, I still get impatient :P. Feel free to post pictures also...that would also help others give you a third party perspective. Sometimes when we look in the mirror all the time, we lose perspective on how much we've gained (or lost for that matter). Progressive pictures help show what's really going on. Keep us posted.

Bill