Beggining of a journey

mi$$ionHAIR

This is my first post on this forum, so if I end up not confirming to any of the forum standards - please excuse me icon_smile.gif

Have browsed through this forum on more than one occasion. Must say, there is this mind-boggling amount of data here that every hair patient should go through and educate himself with.

Just to give everyone some background - I am a 24 year old from Mumbai, India. I can trace my first strands of hairfall to when I was 15. Curiously, it took me time till I was 22 till I finally acknowledged my hairloss (with traditional medicenes not working read Homeopathy). With a fast receding hairline I am now looking at a transplant in the next 6-7 months.

To begin with, it would be great if some veterans/ experts here can look at my hair blog below and give an indication of the number of grafts I would need for a HT

At the same time, there is a particular query I would like to begin with. I notice that the forum recommends certain HT surgeons. Correct me if I am wrong, but I also understand that these surgeons act as sponsors and have few representatives on the forum. Given this, isn't there a conflict of interest to recommend only surgeons who are sponsors and vice-versa?

My Hair Loss Website

Estimate the number of grafts I need

This is my first post on this forum, so if I end up not confirming to any of the forum standards - please excuse me icon_smile.gif

Have browsed through this forum on more than one occasion. Must say, there is this mind-boggling amount of data here that every hair patient should go through and educate himself with.

Just to give everyone some background - I am a 24 year old from Mumbai, India. I can trace my first strands of hairfall to when I was 15. Curiously, it took me time till I was 22 till I finally acknowledged my hairloss (with traditional medicenes not working read Homeopathy). With a fast receding hairline I am now looking at a transplant in the next 6-7 months.

To begin with, it would be great if some veterans/ experts here can look at my hair blog below and give an indication of the number of grafts I would need for a HT

At the same time, there is a particular query I would like to begin with. I notice that the forum recommends certain HT surgeons. Correct me if I am wrong, but I also understand that these surgeons act as sponsors and have few representatives on the forum. Given this, isn't there a conflict of interest to recommend only surgeons who are sponsors and vice-versa?

My Hair Loss Website

Estimate the number of grafts I need

If I were you I would consult a doctor, preferably one who is knowledgeable about hair loss about getting on finasteride. Wait a year and see how you react; if your hair loss stabilizes, then maybe start speaking with a few top surgeons about a master plan.

Ideally you would want to wait a few more years, but in reality this is hard and some doctors might consider you a candidate for a conservative approach.

The doctors here have to do outstanding work first and foremost to be considered, then they pay a fee to join the Coalition. Hired consultants who post on the forums are not paid to, it's just the nature of the work that you would want to educate patients and promote your clinic's results.

Sometimes managing an organization like the Coalition can be an imperfect art, as is hair restoration. But the system works, and this site's track record is overwhelmingly good. I believe you would be in great hands with any of the surgeons recommended here.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Mi$$ioniHair,

Welcome to our forum community.

Youngsuccess did a good job of explaining how we recommend surgeons.

It is true that surgeons who are recommended here pay a sponsorship fee to help run and maintain this patient community. However, much like a high esteemed university only accepts those with a certain SAT score and GPA, surgeons recommended here are selected based on high standards. To see how we recommend hair transplant surgeons, click here.

This community is free for patients to do their own research. We encourage all prospective patients to thoroughly research all physicians they are considering and draw their own conclusions. The surgeons we recommend do high quality hair transplants. However, we recognize that just because a surgeon is not recommended here doesn't mean that they don't do quality work.

All of this information including how this community is funded can be found by clicking here.

Best wishes,

Bill