Propecia and Absorption?

htownballa

I was wondering if there was anyway to guarantee that the Propecia we take each morning is actually being absorbed into our bloodstream and having an effect on DHT? Would chewing the pills be better than swallowing? Would taking it with food possibly be better?

I know Merck states that it can be taken whenever/however, but what is your personal experience

Since Propecia is a film coated tablet it absorbs rapidly after swallowing, metabolized by the liver and dispersed through the bloodstream. There is no reason to chew the tablet, which may affect the stability of the product.

As far as when you take the tablet, food has no effect on absorption as well. As long as you take it once a day it provides the appropriate efficacy.

I am the patient coordinator for Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Alexander's Coalition Membership Profile

• 1 month later...

In the actual studies, 1mg of finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) was taken daily. Some doctors feel it doesn't need to be taken that often (every other day).

Personally, I take it every day to mimic the actual studies.

Hi

Just swallow the pill . It works

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!