question after surgery

Hello everyone.I'm new to the forum. I'm 27 and will be 28 next week. I just had a 1,000 graft hair transplant on July 25th. I have been given medication for the pain and for swelling. But I have been considering smoking marijuana to help alleviate some of the pain. my question is does smoking marijuana have any affect on hair loss or the outcome of HT's?

Hello everyone.I'm new to the forum. I'm 27 and will be 28 next week. I just had a 1,000 graft hair transplant on July 25th. I have been given medication for the pain and for swelling. But I have been considering smoking marijuana to help alleviate some of the pain. my question is does smoking marijuana have any affect on hair loss or the outcome of HT's?

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right, and I do not want to take any chances and risk failure of the grafts. I am taking Lortab 7.5 mg for the pain.It helps somewhat, but I am still having an intense "throbbing" pain in the donor area. I am assuming this is normal for only 2 days post op. Hopefully this will pass within the next day or two...

like matthew said, not worth risking the returns on the investment you have just made. You know what they say - no pain, no gain.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Ask your Dr for T3's and or Percocet. I found these drugs invalueable, in my recovery. A good note is that this is the worst it will get. Everyday you will find the pain becomes less and less. In a week it is all over. Hang in there! you are just about through the worst.

My first day I tryed to be man and take nothing. DON'T! take the drugs!!!!! And for god's sake don't fool around with pot! just think of this pain and think about the damage you could possibly do. Is it worth it? No.

If you smoke or not, that's your choice. But a fact is that smoking anything decreases your blood flow to the peripheral capularies. It basically constricts your blood vessels which limit the supply/circulation to the extermeties (like your head $$$)....Smoking could very easily harm the blood supply your new grafts need inorder to survive. REmember, bloodflow is extremely important in the first few months for regrowth?

NC30...I am a class 3(almost 4)norwood. I had 1,000 grafts done to mostly the hairline with some spread to the crown. The procedure was done by Dr. Buchwach in Kansas City.This was my first HT and I was scared has hell. He is a good doctor and I think I will use him again if/when I decide to go in for a second HT. mark