hair graft not falling or growing after two months? normal?

While my grafts are in tack and there was minimal shock loss to my native hair (so I think), it seems that the grafts are 1/4 of an inch, similar feel to a shave head when I slightly touch the grafts. They haven't shed yet and they are not growing. Is this normal for graft to not grow?

Jim,

Are you referring to some or all of the grafts? Did any of them shed 2 to 4 weeks after surgery?

It's normal for some of the grafts to remain and not be growing at 2 months. These hairs have dislodged themselves from the follicles beneath the surface of the scalp but are still connected to the scalp. They will eventually be pushed out when the follicles start producing new hair.

It would be unusual however, for all of the transplanted hair to remain in the scalp, especially if they didn't experience any growth. Usually at least for a couple of weeks, the new hair will grow before it sheds or disconnects from the follicle.

If you experienced zero growth and all the transplanted hair remains after 2 months, please talk to your hair transplant surgeon.

Best wishes,

Bill

Are you referring to some or all of the grafts?

MOST OF THEM ... I THINK?

Did any of them shed 2 to 4 weeks after surgery?

THERE PROBABLY WAS, BUT NOTHING I WOULD HAVE NOTICED MEANING PROBABLY LITTLE TO NONE.

I probably should lighten up on that rogaine.