Question about marking hairline and posting pics

Hi everyone,

I have lurked for a few days, and learned a great deal. It is quite amazing...some of the results I have seen and read about here are very encouraging. Clearly there are some real artists out there in the field of hair restoration. I'm here because, well...I am looking into the possibilities that HT may offer me.

Anyway, I'd like to get the ball rolling by sending some photos to some of the prominent physicians that I have read about here. Following instructions, I'd like to outline the hairline I would like to have. Question: What type of marker would work best? Obviously, the ink should be easily removed afterward. Is there a particular brand I should look for that will do the job?

Secondly, I was thinking that it might be useful to post pics here in the group of my current state of hair loss to see what feedback others might like to share. I am 50 yrs. young, and would consider myself a Norwood 5. Perhaps some would feel differently after viewing photos. I have brown, wavy/loosely curled hair, with pretty good density in back and sides (just my opinion...I may be wrong). After viewing many of the photos and reading of folks' experiences, I'm not at a point yet where I can say that I have any expectations, really...but it may be useful to me if others with experience can comment on what they see.

If it is ok to post pictures, can someone direct me to the best place to do so? I'm keeping a very open mind about all of this, so I won't let my enthusiasm get too high or too low...not yet, anyway icon_smile.gif

Hi everyone,

I have lurked for a few days, and learned a great deal. It is quite amazing...some of the results I have seen and read about here are very encouraging. Clearly there are some real artists out there in the field of hair restoration. I'm here because, well...I am looking into the possibilities that HT may offer me.

Anyway, I'd like to get the ball rolling by sending some photos to some of the prominent physicians that I have read about here. Following instructions, I'd like to outline the hairline I would like to have. Question: What type of marker would work best? Obviously, the ink should be easily removed afterward. Is there a particular brand I should look for that will do the job?

Secondly, I was thinking that it might be useful to post pics here in the group of my current state of hair loss to see what feedback others might like to share. I am 50 yrs. young, and would consider myself a Norwood 5. Perhaps some would feel differently after viewing photos. I have brown, wavy/loosely curled hair, with pretty good density in back and sides (just my opinion...I may be wrong). After viewing many of the photos and reading of folks' experiences, I'm not at a point yet where I can say that I have any expectations, really...but it may be useful to me if others with experience can comment on what they see.

If it is ok to post pictures, can someone direct me to the best place to do so? I'm keeping a very open mind about all of this, so I won't let my enthusiasm get too high or too low...not yet, anyway icon_smile.gif

Deluxe_Reverb

Welcome to the HTN.

As for marking the skin, those 'sharpie' markers work well, and, the marks they make can be removed with rubbing alcohol pads.

Posting pictures is quite easy, and encouraged so that members may better help with your questions.

On the forum page, click on "New" in the upper left side of the page, and pick "photo album" from the drop down menu. Then simply follow the directions. I would recommend uploading .jpg files from your computer that have been resized if possible to about 6 x 7 inches. If you don't have the ability to resize- no worries- just upload the photos as is, and I believe they will be resized somewhat-

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

And again, welcome!!

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors