Hair brush vs. comb.......illusion of density?

hairbank

Experienced something I'd like to share with everyone.....

When I was younger and in my "chia pet" hair days, I started using a hair brush when styling my hair. I continued using it while losing my hair and never though much of it........until the other day.

Since HT #2......I believe I have density of around 35-40 cm2 all over. Since my last HT, I've let my hair on top and in the crown grow out to around 2 1/2" - 3" while keeping the sides around 1" - 1 1/2" in length. Though my crown is still thin, I really don't have a bald spot anymore.

One thing to mention, unless you REALLY have some dense packing (I'm talkin' 50 cm2 or so) I think HT hair looks better a little longer than shorter. I think "Ugly Man For Life" has mentioned this previously. My guess is that you at least need 1 1/2" - 2" in length to help in having good coverage. You'll have more see through in outdoor lighting if you don't.

Anyway.......long story short (too late! icon_biggrin.gif) when I styled my hair the other day I was checkin' out the crown......under brighter lights you could still see a little scalp on the "whirl" part of my crown. For some reason, I decide to try running a comb through my hair and Vuala!, as they say....thinning crown covered!

Anyway..........thought I'd give this tip to those who are trying to maximize their "illusion of density"..........a comb distributes hair much finer than a brush and will leave a less "see through" look.

Tip of the day from Hairbank's styling acadamy...........that tip and $.50 will buy you a Coke (free advice, what more can you ask?? icon_biggrin.gif)

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Experienced something I'd like to share with everyone.....

When I was younger and in my "chia pet" hair days, I started using a hair brush when styling my hair. I continued using it while losing my hair and never though much of it........until the other day.

Since HT #2......I believe I have density of around 35-40 cm2 all over. Since my last HT, I've let my hair on top and in the crown grow out to around 2 1/2" - 3" while keeping the sides around 1" - 1 1/2" in length. Though my crown is still thin, I really don't have a bald spot anymore.

One thing to mention, unless you REALLY have some dense packing (I'm talkin' 50 cm2 or so) I think HT hair looks better a little longer than shorter. I think "Ugly Man For Life" has mentioned this previously. My guess is that you at least need 1 1/2" - 2" in length to help in having good coverage. You'll have more see through in outdoor lighting if you don't.

Anyway.......long story short (too late! icon_biggrin.gif) when I styled my hair the other day I was checkin' out the crown......under brighter lights you could still see a little scalp on the "whirl" part of my crown. For some reason, I decide to try running a comb through my hair and Vuala!, as they say....thinning crown covered!

Anyway..........thought I'd give this tip to those who are trying to maximize their "illusion of density"..........a comb distributes hair much finer than a brush and will leave a less "see through" look.

Tip of the day from Hairbank's styling acadamy...........that tip and $.50 will buy you a Coke (free advice, what more can you ask?? icon_biggrin.gif)

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.