Hepatitis A from transplant session

I had 1450 grafts performed a couple of years ago by Dr. Loria on Long Island. The night before I had dinner at Taco Bell. The surgery went well, however, three months later, I was diagnosed w/full blown Hepatitis-A. It takes 3 months for this to gestate, so we traced it's roots to the Taco Bell in Westbury, N.Y.

Anyway, my healing took a long time. I started using an all natural tea tree oil shampoo at the Dr.'s suggestion to help with the healing process. To me, it looks like none of the grafts grew in.

At first, my doctor didn't think that the Hep-A would contribute to the lack of growth, but subsequently, he believes it may have, as the body was fighting so hard to kill the Hep-A, that the grafts never healed, and never grew back.

Can any of the surgeons here agree or disagree? Or is my head just a wasteland that refuses to grow hair?

I had 1450 grafts performed a couple of years ago by Dr. Loria on Long Island. The night before I had dinner at Taco Bell. The surgery went well, however, three months later, I was diagnosed w/full blown Hepatitis-A. It takes 3 months for this to gestate, so we traced it's roots to the Taco Bell in Westbury, N.Y.

Anyway, my healing took a long time. I started using an all natural tea tree oil shampoo at the Dr.'s suggestion to help with the healing process. To me, it looks like none of the grafts grew in.

At first, my doctor didn't think that the Hep-A would contribute to the lack of growth, but subsequently, he believes it may have, as the body was fighting so hard to kill the Hep-A, that the grafts never healed, and never grew back.

Can any of the surgeons here agree or disagree? Or is my head just a wasteland that refuses to grow hair?

I've never heard anyone say that Dr. Loria does a good job, however I have heard a couple of other guys besides you say they were unhappy with their results from him.

This hepatitis sounds like a convenient excuse to me. Especially because at first they told you it won't matter if you had hepatitis. Now that there is a definite problem, the hepatitis is a way for them to explain away your problem.

But if I were you I would consider seeing Dr. Bernstein in New York. As far as I can tell, he is the best HT doctor on the east coast. A consultation is free, maybe he can look at you and see what he thinks.

You should get your money back from Dr, Loria, for the grafts that do not grow. Most doctors guarantee growth.

3 months is a little long for Hepatitus A incubation. Normally it's 10-50 days, with the average being around 30 days. 3 months would be a bit of a stretch.

My Mom's a nurse, and her research on Hep-A was that takes up to 3 months to go full-blown (90) days. Prior to getting violently ill, I did experience small colds and flu-like symptoms that would come and go over short periods of time, so my immune system was down up to that point.

My thoughts generated are around the time the body spends warding off the illness while at the same time trying to recuperate from surgery. Could the Hep-A conceivably damaged the grafts? Or am I simply "pulling hairs"?

• 4 months later...

ARFY,YOU SAY THAT YOU NEVER HEARD OF GOOD RESULTS FROM DOCTOR LORIA ON LONG ISLAND.I JUST WANTED THE SITE TO KNOW THAT I USED EASTWOOD MEDICAL AND AM VERY PLEASED. DR LORIA HOWEVER DID NOT DO MY SURGERY IT WAS DR BAXA. ALONG WITH THE RESULTS I HAVE OBTAINED, I PERSONNALY KNOW OF PEOPLE WHO USED EASTWOOD MEDICAL AND ARE VERY HAPPY.I HAD 1350 FOLLICURE UNITS DONE.I REALIZE THAT DR LORIAS WEB SITE STATES THAT THEY DO MINI AND MICRO GRAFTS THE WEB SITE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED.THEY WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND KIND ALWAYS THERE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AND TRUTHFULL ABOUT RESULTS I CAN OBTAIN

JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT DR LORIAS OFFICE DOES TO GOOD WORK.

HAPPY GROWING

ED

eddie

Ricky B:

The "slowness to heal" which you describe is unusual and it suggests that there may have been some problem from early on in your Transplant. Perhaps you should repeat a small test site of 100-200 grafts and let them grow in first. This ia not anapproach we usually use, but it might restore your confidence after less than optimal results before. Hair transplants by todays methods are consistently effective. I don't know what effect the hepatitis A may have had, but I would expect success next session.

/jal icon_wink.gif

Dr. Limmer

Rick,

You stated:

"The surgery went well, however, three months later, I was diagnosed w/full blown Hepatitis-A. It takes 3 months for this to gestate, so we traced it's roots to the Taco Bell in Westbury, N.Y."

I don't mean to go off-topic but you got me worried. How can one get Hep-A from a Taco Bell?

Hepatitis A is caused by eating either spoiled seafood, or, food that has been handled by someone who has not sufficiently washed their hands before preparing the food.

I had work done by Dr. Loria and his work is anything but good. I am not the only one who has gotten poor results from him and I would not let my worst enemy go to him. I have also been told that he is not even an MD. Why is this guy able to do surgery and disfigure people? If you saw my head, it would make you puke! Shop around before you make a huge decision that can ruin your life! As far as Loria is concerned, I wish that I never met the man!

I think Dr. Loria spends more time on Holistic Health than he does on hair transplants. His big thing is anti-aging and water purification systems.