HAIR FALLOUT AFTER PROCEDURES

Is it normal for the Newly transplanted hair to fall out after micro-graft surgery, (1, 2, and 3 hair grafts) and if so, what percentage?

AND... since this is my 3rd session in 2 years, is it normal for the older hair grafts to fall out due to shock and will they regenerate?

Thank you.

Is it normal for the Newly transplanted hair to fall out after micro-graft surgery, (1, 2, and 3 hair grafts) and if so, what percentage?

AND... since this is my 3rd session in 2 years, is it normal for the older hair grafts to fall out due to shock and will they regenerate?

Thank you.

By the way, he is excellant, and his technique is very natural, and painless. I just need to know, how common is it for the transplanted hair from my 2 previous procedures, for those hairs to fall out. (I was previously quite bald, except for a few (like 20) hairs in the very front... and a 'strip' of hairs separating the front from the back, (in the middle of the scalp)

....I've researched where they DO fall out, sometimes and grow back, but at what percentile is that occurance?

Thank you.

• 3 months later...

dmm27 -

A good question, and I'm surprised no-one has come forward. I have exactly the same question to ask, and tried to "start a new topic" for it, but the NewTopic button's currently disabled it seems.

I had 3,500 grafts 6 weeks ago, and they (mostly) all seem to be in place, despite the clinic's information that "most of them will fall out after 4 weeks".

I don't know whether their persistence is a good or a bad thing.

Anybody ?

Pat...

Do not be concerned with any fallout. I posted my input in early July, and after 90 days (My procedure was done on April 20th) they ALL started to grow in. The ones that fell out due to 'Post Surgical Shock' (It's common) and the new grafts. Now it's looking great and although the new growth is only about 1/2 inch long, it'll be 'combable' by the end of the year when they're 3" long. Do not be discouraged. This was my 3rd procedure, (I was pretty 'sparse' up there) I feel that I made need 1 more, shorter session, just to lower the front a little more and thicken it up a bit.

One more thing, after my first procedure, very few grafts fell out. Probably due to the fact that the surgery was on a differnt part of my scalp and the grafts didn't interfere with the previous session. In the 3rd session, my Doctor was adding in areas where he had implanted, so I guess trauma to those older grafts, cause them to fall out, sometimes. It's different with each individual. But they grow back.

Good luck, it'll be great.