New Member: Mr T's HT with Dr Feller...

MR_T

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, but have been a member posting on a regular basis on 2 other forum's, for those of u who know me...

Myself

Well... I am now 26 year's old (from the United Kingdon, London) and had noticed my hair getting thin at the age of 17/18. Over the years I had tried various herbal remedies, like Chinese Herbal Medicine, applying Olive Oil to my scalp, etc. This never worked, and my hair loss worsened... So I then started to research into Hairloss Clinics where I was attracted by The Advanced Hair Studio and their advertisements. With them I had tried their Laser Therapy, along with Minoxidil (well that's what they called it anyway, whether it was or not, who knows) and some sort of supposedly natural herbal tablets...

This as you all may well know, didn't work either, confused and with a lack of Hair Loss Knowledge, I went back to The Advanced Hair Studio and opted for a Hair Piece...

I must have been really stupid in going back there, but heyy, I was still at the learning curve of all this Hair Loss/Transplant situation, and the only way to learn was by making mistakes on the way... Luckily, I never made any damaging mistakes like rushing into a HT, infact, the biggest mistake that hit me was that of how much money had been wasted on these so called rip-off treatments...

Anyway...(moving on...)

Within days of having the dreaded hair piece fitted, I was not at all happy, nor comfortable with having, basically a wig on my head!!!!!!! I had this removed, shaved off all my hair, and went back to complete depression mode...

Anyway... I decided to just stay on Regaine, and use Nanogen to cover my thinning hair... For the first few years I was alright with this, until I started to get sick of all the mess the microfibres made...At the same time my hairloss was getting worse...

This was when I started looking into Medicines and Hair Transplants...

I came across various HT Clinics in and around London, like The Hospoital Group, The Farjo Clinic, The Hunting Clinic, etc...

It was with the Hunting Clinic in 2006 that I started on Proscar, 1/2 a tablet of 5mg every other day...

Since I had started using this, I have not seen any more loss continuing, so I guess I could say that my hair loss in under control... (What a relief!)

Howver, I realised after further research that The Hunting Clinic were charging me 10 times the amount for Proscar, compared to other sources, I then changed...

After researching for hours, and weeks on end, I came across Spex's website (I am sure u all know Spex, he's a legend, complete life saver, The Hair Loss Guru!)

From his sources I managed to get 15 months supply of Proscar at a very low price... (in fact the amount I paid for the 15 months supply was what I used to spend on a 4 month supply with The Hunting Clinic)

After meeting up with Spex, and looking at his hair and how natural and undetectable it looks, I wanted a HT...

I started researching on various hair loss forums, where I discovered The God of Hair Restoration - Dr Feller!

I am not one for rushing into things, but after seeing his website and many pictures of his patients (in the flesh and in photo), I knew he was the one I just had to go with...

After having a consult with him in January 2007, I was really impressed with his passion and knowledge for hair transplants, that I booked myself in for my very first HT in April 2007 (20th of April 2007, to be exact!).

I had 2,500+ grafts transplanted at the front half of my scalp! (I think it was just over 2,600 grafts...)

Dr Feller was happy as my donar hairs were really thick hairs, he was happy, I was happy...

I can honestly say that the best decison I have made about my hairloss is getting on Proscar (of which I have no side effects wotsoever, and most importantly, choosing a top doc, like the legendary Dr Feller)..........NO REGRETS............And heyy, its only coming upto 6 months, got a long way to go yet, right Spex?

Anyway, 6 months will have passed this coming Saturday, so.......... here are my pics so far:

All comments and opinions are welcome...

This first picture is pre-op...

DSC00065.JPG.ce6085e81cb835c13e87064ff93dc56f.JPG

20/04/07 - 2,500+ grafts with Dr Feller

Mr_T,

Welcome to our community and congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Feller.

I'm pleased to hear that you've had a positive experience. Given Dr. Feller's track record of producing quality results, I have faith that you are well on your way.

I encourage you to create a hair loss weblog which is the easiest and best way to display your photos and share your experience with us. For detailed instructions of how to create a hair loss weblog and post a link back in your forum signature, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Mr_T,

So far from what I am seeing of your posted pictures is that there is a huge improvement over your post-op pictures.

As stated above, the easiest and most organized way to share your experience and photos is by creating a hair loss weblog. This will keep everything in one place so that viewing your before/after pictures will be easy.

I also appreciate the different angles and lighting in which you are taking photos. I think it shows a broader reality of the result.

I think it also shows members that flash can skew the appearance of the result (either by making it thinner looking from a top point of view, or thicker from a front point of view).

Best wishes,

Bill

I am just glad that Mr. T has suddenly found his digital camera!!!!!

I pity the fool who don't take pics!!!!!

LOL!!!

Anyway, looking good T!

But, the best is yet to come-- 6 months is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks for sharing,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.