Newbie..Adivice needed for HT - Houston TX

satya

Hey Friends,

I was so surprised and happy to read so many reviews over the last 2 weeks. I found answers for most of my questions.

I just planned to go Doctor Berrocha - Houston TX for consultation. I couldn't find much personal reviews about HT with this doctor.

I saw so many good review about the Doctors in San Antonio TX.

I couldnt find details about pricing either.

Suggest me guys :

Houston Doctors / San Antonio Doctors. I am not affordable to pay, but i am taking this risk through credit card ,obviously for better look.

Hey Friends,

I was so surprised and happy to read so many reviews over the last 2 weeks. I found answers for most of my questions.

I just planned to go Doctor Berrocha - Houston TX for consultation. I couldn't find much personal reviews about HT with this doctor.

I saw so many good review about the Doctors in San Antonio TX.

I couldnt find details about pricing either.

Suggest me guys :

Houston Doctors / San Antonio Doctors. I am not affordable to pay, but i am taking this risk through credit card ,obviously for better look.

holy cow. youre gonna use your credit card for a hairtransplant. do you realize that you will continue to need more and more transplant in the future to keep up with hairloss and the hairs that will be implanted into your scalp wont grow in the same directions. and if you charge all these procedures on your credit card you will be killing your finances. think about the future and other things that you will want in life that you cant have because you spent all your money on transplants. life is more than about hair and people dont see your receding hair as you do . they dont even think about it. dont let hair consume your life.

16inchscar,

I have been patient with you because I know that you've had a bad experience with your own hair transplant.

But your experience is not the only one that counts. Most patients who have chosen an elite physician are quite satisfied with their results, like me. I've had 3. Yes, hair transplantation leaves a scar and that's part of the procedure. But I have a lot more hair on my head and feel much more confident about my appearance.

Seriously, what are you doing on this site if you are so anti-hair transplant?

Regards,

Bill

Originally posted by 16inchscar:

hairs that will be implanted into your scalp wont grow in the same directions. QUOTE]

16inchscar - some of what you say is true about watching your finances and about people viewing us different than we view ourselves. Yes, HT's are expensive and often times it does take more than one HT to get desired results. However, I can tell you, at 41 years of age knowing I'll basically have the appearance of a full head of hair for the rest of my life I'd do it again in a heartbeat - purely personal choice.

As for hairs not growing in the same direction (as the native hair did), that's completely untrue. Any competent HT surgeon can transplant hairs in such fashion to where the hairs will grow as they originally did. Take a look at my blog for instance, the crown whirl and other hair growth - exactly as it was before I lost my hair.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

youve had three and no doubt will need more over the course of time. several thousand dollars a clip. and your end result will be very unnatural. this isnt an opinion is the facts. and im trying to warn someone and educate them before thay make the same mistake i made and thousands of others have made. and if that bothers you that isnt my problem

satya,

Welcome to our forum community.

Though 16inchscar had a bad experience, one thing to take from his message is to spend your time researching, learn what hair transplantation is and what it can accomplish for you. Choosing an elite surgeon will make all the difference in the world to ensure you get a natural looking head of hair.

You may want to click here to see a list of surgeons we recommend in the state of TX including Dr. Brad Limmer and Dr. Bobby Limmer, members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. See our high level of Coalition standards here.

Dr. Arocha is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network and performs solid quality follicular unit hair transplantation. He is certainly worth considering. You can see patient photos by clicking here or look for recent photo albums created in the "hair transplant patient photo albums" section.

Best wishes,

Bill

hairbank get back with me in a yr or so when youre having to pay for another transplant. three transplants ? id hate to see the scarring on your head if the hair was bussed. i thought id dont the right thing also at the time and then reality set in.

youve had three and no doubt will need more over the course of time. several thousand dollars a clip. and your end result will be very unnatural. this isnt an opinion is the facts. and im trying to warn someone and educate them before thay make the same mistake i made and thousands of others have made. and if that bothers you that isnt my problem

I completely disagree with you in my personal case. Before any HT's, at age 38, my loss had almost stopped. Being on Finasteride and now with the HT's, since I was NW 6 and got there gradually.....IF I need another HT, it could be a 500-1000 graft touch up in 10 years or more IF I have further rescission.

I agree in approaching HT's with caution and do feel too many in there early 20's are packing on the grafts in the frontal third and will be looking for more native hair than they have if they lose it in the crown later. BUT, there have been many successful HT's over the long haul as well, so, I would caution you to be careful with your advice.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

do you really want me to tell you what you can do with your caution??? my advice is good advice to keep guys from ruining their finances and their lives. if the truth hurts i hate it for you

Advice is free and I suppose we can each have different opinions and agree to disagree.

As far as telling me what to do with my caution - be careful. I've been a part of this forum a long time and devoted much of my time to helping those who don't like hair loss. Broaden your mind - all HT's aren't bad HT's, nor all all people bad candidates. In many cases, mine included, I consider it the best thing I've done for myself and love the results.

The truth does hurt sometimes. However, who makes you right or "true" and everyone else wrong?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

16inchscar,

Not only are you blinded by your personal experience, you are downright mean and nasty to well respected forum members like hairbank, PLEASE GO PLEASE, M&M, and a number of others on a number of threads.

You have a right to your opinion, but others also have a right to theirs. It's time for you to move on and find another forum.

Bill