Help Needed

hi,

i am 26 yrs old and i am losing my hair fast. i have lost around 25 % of my side hair, but i have a thick hair on top and back of my head.

If i go for hair restoration, then i will be able to cover my bald head, but what happens if your original hair start falling, during the hair restoration process do they do anything for the original hair, i mean so that we dont loose it. i just do not want to end up where your restored hair remains and the rest of the hair falls out.

Please let me.

Thanks

Matt

hi,

i am 26 yrs old and i am losing my hair fast. i have lost around 25 % of my side hair, but i have a thick hair on top and back of my head.

If i go for hair restoration, then i will be able to cover my bald head, but what happens if your original hair start falling, during the hair restoration process do they do anything for the original hair, i mean so that we dont loose it. i just do not want to end up where your restored hair remains and the rest of the hair falls out.

Please let me.

Thanks

Matt

If you said you still have a good amount of hair on the top, I would start using propecia to help keep that hair. I'm not sure, but usually if you start losing your hair on the sides, then the top is soon to follow.

matt_99, The first step in the whole restoration process is: Stabilize your hair loss, like Way2Go said by getting a prescription of Propecia or Proscar. It works primarily on the mid scalp and crown areas. After atleast a few months or more of using the Proscar and getting stabilized and getting educated on this site about hair transplantation, you'll be in a much better position to have the knowledge to go in and talk to a doctor about what you really want. From what I have heard and read, doctors do prefer that a patient be knowledgeable about what they want when speaking with them.

thanks guys for your input.

I have a another question, using propecia or rogaine, will it actually help in re-growing the lost hair? i mean, do we usually get hair back.

are there any side effects of using these.

also, could you please suggest some websites where i can get more information on these?

thanks again guys.

Matt

Although Propecia is mainly used to keep the hair you have from falling out, there are people who have regrown some of the hair they've lost when using Propecia combined with rogaine. When using Propecia, you'll shed some hair, but it should grow back stronger.

Using Propecia and Rogaine together works really well for some in regrowing hair, but for others only stabilizes the hair loss, which isn't a bad thing either.

I have read posts about people having some sexual side effects from Propecia. I've been taking Propecia for about a month and a half and I'll admit, when I first started taking it, my testicles got pretty sore and it didn't seem like I was having as good of an orgasm.(sorry if that's a little too much info, but I'm letting people know what it can do). I started cutting the pills in half, and then started taking them every other day till the pain in my testicles subsided, and now I'm back on my full dosage everyday. So for me, the side affects did subside, I guess my body just needed to adjust to the drug.