Question about the hair that i am losing...

1.8t

I have been on propecia now for right at 3 months. I never really noticed before, so this could just be me acutally paying attention to my hair when I never did before, but I think I am experiencing the "shed" that the propecia is characteristic of. The only reason I might say this is because the hair I am losing is dark, healthy looking hair. Now, I know under MPB, that it gradually diminishes your hair to a clearer, shorter form of its previous condition until it is invisible. So, does this seem to hold some merit? I can honestly say that it seems my hair loss since starting propecia has definitely increased on the top of my head. I can run my hand through my head and almost everytime 1~3 hairs will come with it with almost 0 force. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....current meds are Propecia and 5% Minoxidil.

I have been on propecia now for right at 3 months. I never really noticed before, so this could just be me acutally paying attention to my hair when I never did before, but I think I am experiencing the "shed" that the propecia is characteristic of. The only reason I might say this is because the hair I am losing is dark, healthy looking hair. Now, I know under MPB, that it gradually diminishes your hair to a clearer, shorter form of its previous condition until it is invisible. So, does this seem to hold some merit? I can honestly say that it seems my hair loss since starting propecia has definitely increased on the top of my head. I can run my hand through my head and almost everytime 1~3 hairs will come with it with almost 0 force. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....current meds are Propecia and 5% Minoxidil.

Hi

Don't worry shedding is a common ( and good sign). It means the hairs are cyling through the growth phases.. Unforunately, with hairloss, it gets worse before it gets better ( HT's, meds)

Be patient

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Doesnt mean anything.. Many on here describe the same exact thing.. I know it is hard to understand but shedding is a good thing.. Stick with it.. Even with HT's things look worse before they get better

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

No worries. That is why we arehere..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!