Cost for Hair Transaplant

Hallo Friends,

I am new to this form. I am 27yrs of age I am having lots of hair loss in the sides. So I consulted the doctor couple of

days back and he prescribed propecia & I have started taking that and I even enquired about the hair transplant and he suggested that I would require about 200 - 250 grafs. I stay in Iowa and nearest Hair Transplant center is "Medical Hair Restoration" in Davenport, Iowa, so I called them enquiring about the rates/graf. But they told I need to take special appointment to get the rates.

So my question was could some one please give me a rough idea regarding the total cost for the entire hair transplantion

if I am going with 200 - 250 grafs.

Thanx in advance for your inputs.

Regards,

Lal

Hallo Friends,

I am new to this form. I am 27yrs of age I am having lots of hair loss in the sides. So I consulted the doctor couple of

days back and he prescribed propecia & I have started taking that and I even enquired about the hair transplant and he suggested that I would require about 200 - 250 grafs. I stay in Iowa and nearest Hair Transplant center is "Medical Hair Restoration" in Davenport, Iowa, so I called them enquiring about the rates/graf. But they told I need to take special appointment to get the rates.

So my question was could some one please give me a rough idea regarding the total cost for the entire hair transplantion

if I am going with 200 - 250 grafs.

Thanx in advance for your inputs.

Regards,

Lal

Lal,Do Not go anywhere until you spend 6 months here. 6 months is what it takes to make an INFORMED decision. I was masacred by MHR and it took me a year to figure out why and how bad. I am glad you found this forum. When you are done with your research thank Pat for saving your life.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I don't think that 200-250 grafts will make much of a difference in appearance, if that is all you need now, maybe wait until you need 900 or so. By then who knows what medical advancements we will have to choose from.

Listen to Mahair! Great advice.

I have seen a range from $3-$7 per Follicular Unit. Don't confuse this with MicroGrafting as I almost did, before I picked Dr. Rose from this site icon_smile.gif and read many posts.

Whoever recommended 200 grafts for HT is stealing your money, time, and future donor scarring for not. If you only need 200 grafts, dont waste your money. 1,000 grafts min would be the min with noticable results-- 200 grafts you will not be able to tell anything was done. Top notch surgeons would not do just 200. With 1,000 your looking at around 3500-4000 dollars.

I have to agree that I certainly wouldn't consider surgical hair restoration for a measly 200 to 300 grafts. I am not trying to discount your needs, but you have to weigh the benefits against the costs. You will have a scar along the back of your head. Now, modern skilled physicians can certainly limit the size of this scar and make it very unnoticeable, but I highly doubt any organization that would recommend that small of a treatment would be the same that would be overly concerned with your donor area appearance.

This is purely speculation, of course.

Please do some ample research before making a hasty decision. Talk to other posters on the forums and look at their photos. You only get one scalp, why trust it to someone that doesn't deserve that trust?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Believe it or not, it is still common for many places to perform procedures that small. Many are still using the "we'll do this one now and you can come back in in 6 months for another one..." tactic on hair loss sufferers. The result, of course, is that the poor guy gets roped into 3, 4, 5, 9 procedures...

Scary.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by western_star:

Damn, Bobby, The HT sure turned out good. Man, I am impressed. You've come a long way . It seems like just yesterday that you had it done. Look how good it looks now. Looks like it has always been there. The Doc did an excellent job.

???

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Originally posted by western_star:

Damn, Bobby, The HT sure turned out good. Man, I am impressed. You've come a long way . It seems like just yesterday that you had it done. Look how good it looks now. Looks like it has always been there. The Doc did an excellent job.

I'm assuming that you are speaking to me, Western? If so, many thanks for the kind words, brother. Needless to say, I am ecstatic with the results. Btw, it's good to see you back on the forums!

-Robert