Help me guys please.. can you give me an estimate..

Anonymous

i guess i still can't deal with the fact that i'm losing hair at this young of a age.. I know you guys told me to count the hairs on my pillow but i can't help it, i counted at least 30 from this morning along...

Dammit guys, i don't know if its shedding or if i'm really losing it for good but i'm scared, my frontal hairline looks thinner everyday...

Can you guys give me an estimate of what would be MASSIVE hair loss. Any # will do.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

i guess i still can't deal with the fact that i'm losing hair at this young of a age.. I know you guys told me to count the hairs on my pillow but i can't help it, i counted at least 30 from this morning along...

Dammit guys, i don't know if its shedding or if i'm really losing it for good but i'm scared, my frontal hairline looks thinner everyday...

Can you guys give me an estimate of what would be MASSIVE hair loss. Any # will do.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Dude

on average we loose 100 hairs per day, balding or not. The difference between the balding man and the non-balding man is the fact that in the balding man the hairs dont grow back as fast and they get thinner and thinner everytime they fall out.

loosing 30 hairs in a night is probably normal. If you hairline is thinning get on Propecia and Minoxidil ASAP.

I started loosing hair at 18 and Im now 25.

After getting on Meds the loss has slowed down significantly, and I have almost as much hair now as at 18.

El Guapo

Go see a dermatologist, they specialize in skin and hair, and ask them to look for signs of miniaturization.

Counting hairs is futile IMO. I don't recommend it, and don't remember seeing anybody here recommend it. It's too obsessive and a very innaccurate way to track your progress.

If you wonder if you are losing hair due to male pattern baldness, ask your dermatologist about Propecia. "Saving" hair is what propecia does best.

If you are really concerned, stop dragging your feet and find a good dermatologist, and ask about getting on Propecia.

The irony is that the more hair you have to lose, the more hair you will see on your pillow and in the drain.

If you stll see lots coming out on your comb, pillow, etc, then you are probably not that far along.

Just make sure that in 5 years you will have the money for a transplant and you will be fine.

I know exactly what you are talking about man. I would wake up and see this and just want to weep, that's how depressed I became! I started on Propecia and then the shedding phase kicked in two weeks later. I almost went crazy because I thought it was getting worse, but my doc told me that if I was shedding it was a good sign because those shedded hairs will become thicker terminal hairs again due to the blocked DHT. If you're on Proscar, don't even sweat it. I've been on Propecia for three years and my hair is exactly like it was when I was 22. You'll get that shedding phase every month, but just understand that it's supposed to do that because hair is released on its own cycle. The only difference is that now on Proscar, it is all released at the same cycle and the new hair will follow, unlike before when you weren't on Proscar. If you began on it, stay with it. Most people that say it didn't work have usually quit after a month or so because they didn't have the proper information. You're taking the right steps.

John H: I've been using proscar for about 3 weeks now, every day in the morning.

Justin Seivers: Thank you, your reply gave me a sigh of relief but i don't know want to get my hopes up to high cause in the end, it comes down to if i can really see my hair regrowing.

Can you explain this to me though, so i'm bound to shed once every month? Or does this shedding phase only happen once when you start taking it.

As a side note, i've been taking minoxidil 5 % as well..i heard it was a good combo to take the two together.