Is it just me??

Spursman

Is it just me or is all this reading and researching driving you mad!!!

I need to start doing something about my hair (should have done it years ago)

I know i need to get on propecia. Where can i get it from?? (im from the UK)

What shampoo shall i use? my scalp gets itchy?

There are so many options but which ones to go for?

I am really getting fed up. its been 3 months since i went for my consultation with Dr True in New York. I need to get the ball rolling!!

Is it just me or is all this reading and researching driving you mad!!!

I need to start doing something about my hair (should have done it years ago)

I know i need to get on propecia. Where can i get it from?? (im from the UK)

What shampoo shall i use? my scalp gets itchy?

There are so many options but which ones to go for?

I am really getting fed up. its been 3 months since i went for my consultation with Dr True in New York. I need to get the ball rolling!!

One day at a time, Spursman. Finding a solution to your hair loss isn't a race, but time is of the essence. It is true that the quicker you begin treatment (as in Propecia and/or minoxidil) the better chance you have of maintaining your current hair and even regrowing a percentage of what you have lost with medication alone. Coupled with a first-class hair transplant performed by a physician of Dr. True's caliper and you are on just about the best possible path that has ever been available to any hair loss sufferer in history.

First of all, it sounds like you have looked into and researched Finasteride (Propecia). Did you discuss this with Dr. True? Did he recommend it/ prescribe it for you?

Second, minoxidil 5% can be very effective as a growth stimulant and is a worthy addition to anyone's regimen, but like Propecia must be continued indefinitely. Have you looked into it?

Third, for your itchy scalp, I would definitely look into Nizoral 2% if I were you. Though it is not marketed for hair loss purposes, its anti-inflammatory properties make it a great addition to round out your hair regrowth arsenal. Look into it. I don't think you need a prescription for it in the U.K. but I am not sure. Most users apply it 3 x per week for >5 minutes per application.

Last, develop a solid, thought-out plan for your hair restoration procedure. Establish your goals and be realistic and bounce them off Dr. True if you haven't already. He is an expert and he will help to guide you in selecting what procedure would be best for you.

I strongly recommend starting your medicinal treatment sooner than later, however. I also want to add that its probably best to utilize some or all of the above medications for at least 8 months to a year before going on to trying more topicals and "fad" treatments. You want to know what works before adding anything else to the mix.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

First of all thanks for all your comments. Your input in this forum has really helped me.

I have spoke with Dr True and he said to get Propecia, i was just worried about the side effects, thats why i have left it for a month or two.

I don't really want to start using Minoidil as i am in sales and am always speaking to people face to face. i dont want to have wet or greasy looking hair. This would just make me look even more thin on top. Would it be possible just to apply it at night time??

I think the problem that i am having is getting the propecia pills. As most people on here are from the US. I have looked at different websites but i need to know i am not being conned in any way. I e-mailed Dr True twice to see if he could get hold of some for me, but he hasn't replied.

I think i will start using the Nizarol as this may help me.

Just need to find some places that sell the stuff at a good price.

The good thing about Propecia is that in almost every case of side-effects that I have heard about and/or read about, they dissipate quickly and completely after the medication is discontinued. I have seen forum posts from individuals that have said otherwise, but I cannot validate their authenticity and I know that at least one of them was very heavily advocating an "All-natural herb remedy" for hairloss.

Take your time and weigh your options. Sooner is better than later, but one month or so is not going to make any difference. Don't feel the need to rush out and start yesterday.

I have a little trick to using minoxidil twice a day, as I hate the greasy head look myself. I apply both applications at night. While it may not be as good as applying them exactly 12 hours apart, its certainly better than no applications at all. I just ensure that the application times are at least 4 hours apart. You may want to consider this technique for yourself.

Best of luck to you.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks again.

I am ready to start using propecia, the problem is i dont know where to get them from. For some reason Dr True is no replying to my e-mail. Like i said, i dont want to buy off any website.

Originally posted by Spursman:

I don't really want to start using Minoidil as i am in sales and am always speaking to people face to face. i dont want to have wet or greasy looking hair. This would just make me look even more thin on top. Would it be possible just to apply it at night time??

I would recommend just that, spursman. I used to use minox only at nighttime and didn't think it was doing any good... then I got off of it and... uh oh!

I am back on it now, but I put it on first thing in the morning, let it set for a while then WASH MY HAIR! I know it isn't the most optimal, but at least it is getting there to a degree... at night I just apply it before I go to bed. I don't struggle with that greasy look that way. I know what you mean. I hate that side of it, too.

Also, are you using a lotion form of it? I recommend one that you spray on and mists.

Regimen: 1 propecia taken in the morning, 3 shots 5% minoxodil twice a day around the hairline, 1% Nizoral several times a week

Im not using anything at the moment.

Need to get propecia, but as it says in the post. nowhere to get it from. Not wanting to go on a any website. Also Dr True is not replying to my e-mails, so dunno what to do.

Getting sick of this whole situation to be honest!

I just swallowed my first propecia pill. I went to my family doctor this morning and he wrote a one-year prescription. He had only written it once before, but this site educated me enough that he was convinced I was a good candidate.

I spent $53 for a one month supply at Sam's, but I know it is cheaper elsewhere, and I intend on finding it.

I can understand your frustrations, but don't give up, man...

Regimen: 1 propecia taken in the morning, 3 shots 5% minoxodil twice a day around the hairline, 1% Nizoral several times a week

Spursman,

Since you are a patient of Dr. True (if I were you) I would call his office and get the details on writing and filing prescriptions internationally. I'm sure they know all the rules and have done this before. They may be able to mail you a paper prescription that you can take to your local pharmacy to have filled.

I would ask that he write you a prescription for Proscar and not Propecia. Doctors can write prescriptions "off-label" meaning they can prescribe a medication to treat something other than the drugs usual intended use. Proscar and Propecia are identical chemically. Proscar is a 5mg tablet of the chemical Finasteride while Propecia is a 1mg tablet of Finasteride.

You can get a 30 day prescription (30 pills) of Proscar for approximately $85 (according to Drugstore.com). Then go to your local drugstore and buy yourself a $3 pill cutter. You can cut 1 Proscar pill into quarters and make yourself 4 1.25mg pills of Finasteride out of each Proscar. That gives you a 4-month supply of "Propecia" for $85 ($21 a month).

NOTE: if you have a girlfriend or wife who may become pregnant, keep her away from the cut pills. Finasteride will cause birth defects in male babies if the woman is exposed through handling/consuming. Proscar and Propecia are coated with a protective layer than keeps them safe. Once you cut them, you expose the raw chemical. Just make sure you keep that in mind.

Also, you should/could start using a coal-tar based shampoo like Neutrogena T-Gel. It is an over the counter shampoo that helps with scalp itching and inflamation. It smells like asphalt but works well to control inflamation and is easy to find at the market.

In any case, science has identified many of the culprits of male pattern hair loss. Don't fall for the scams. Keep up your research here on this forum and you'll go far. Post any questions you have.

Mark

Thanks for the in-depth response!

If Proscar does the same things and its cheaper, why not!! i did go to my local GP and he said that proscar is just for the prostate? I will phone Dr True office tomorrow to sort it all out. i have been to one consultation with Dr True, i haven't had any HT done yet. He advised me to get on propecia for a bit then come back.

I have bought Nizoral shampoo which has help with just one application.

Again thanks for your response.

Hi

I had surgery with Dr True 6 months ago. I find him to be very honest and professional. My results are very good and I'm looking forward to the next 7 months to see the final results at 1 year. Nizoral has worked for me too. My crown has thickened slightly and I didn't have any work done there since using.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!