Shapiro Group (Which Doctor?)

scottR

For those who have had HT with one of the doctors at the Shapiro Group. Why did you chose one over the other? I believe all the doctors will do a great job. But what sets one apart from the other? This is not a loaded question up for debate, just what is your opinion. I am considering one of these doctors.

For those who have had HT with one of the doctors at the Shapiro Group. Why did you chose one over the other? I believe all the doctors will do a great job. But what sets one apart from the other? This is not a loaded question up for debate, just what is your opinion. I am considering one of these doctors.

my experience was that Dr Shapiro wasn't around when I wanted the surgery done. Rose and Charles were. I talked to both and was impressed with them. Rose was available on the day I wanted, so I chose him.

That's my story. Like you said, all those doctors are top notch in my book. None of them will do you wrong. I could get along with any of them, and did, so in my personal case, Dr Rose was at least as good a choice as Shapiro or Charles. And I have no regrets on my thought process nor the results.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

In my experience with Dr. Rose, I happened to be in Tampa (to get a HT with another doctor, of all things... Thank God I did not go through with that), and he agreed to see me on almost zero notice. That impressed me. For me, a lot of the decision was the fact that he was the only doctor I got a chance to see in person, plus the fact that he was thoroughly professional and interested more in what I had to say than what he had to sell. It's too early for me to see the final results... I am only at about 2.5 weeks post op... but I was very happy with the procedure, and the whole process has been virtually painless.

I chose Dr. Keene, also affiliated with Dr. Shapiro, because she was available at the time I wished to schedule surgery and because I was confident that she is one of the top HT surgeons after checking out her background. I'm very pleased with my results and will go back to Dr. Keene if I need more work in the future. My impression from reading posts on this board is that all of the surgeons affiliated with Dr. Shapiro are absolutely first rate.

My surgery with Dr. Sharon Keene:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/paul148148/lst?&.dir=/Transplant+Photos&.src=ph&.view=t

• 2 weeks later...

rose did my work but shapiro was in the room both at the beginning consultation ( I didnt have diddly for donor left) and several times during surgery. doc rose was extremly cool and I cannot explain that enough....I will have him do any and all future work on me,,,they day they can get donor hair out of my chest or where/whatever I will have him do the work. Those guys are it in my eyes....extremly fair and best of all, full of integrity. I posted my story back in Jan in case ya want a full report. going there will be your best decision.

aloha

Experience:

6 HT to date.......wish this forum was around in the 90's!

I don't know about Shapiro, but I know Dr. Rose worked on bringing FIT to light with Dr.Cole.

I saw a post somwhere that said Dr.Rose is doing FIT in his Tampa office. So you would think if one of the doctor's from the Shapiro group was going to be doing chest hair it might be Rose. Should probably e-mal him and ask.

Yeah, that was me who said Rose is now doing FIT, but I'm not sure if he's doing body hair extractions. I would also encourage you to email Dr. Rose if you're interested.

I read somewhere else that some doctors have abandoned the idea of alternate sources, since they do not look completely natural. They tend to take on the characteristics of head hair, but apparently not enough.

talk or email dr. Rose,( he is quite good at responding emails ) he will give you an honest and knowledgeable opinion.. my consultation with him was so enlightning, i heard on this forum that he is very friendly and down-to-earth but later realized he is much more than that.. very knowledgeable and hard-working IMO.

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

After 6 months of exhaustive research, visiting 4 different doctors, seeing hundreds of photos, meeting dozens of patients, my choice for my hair transplants was an easy one. Dr. Charles of Boca.

From the initial phone call, I knew I was dealing with professional, caring people who had my satisfaction as priority one. There was no fast-talking, no exaggerated claims, just honest information about all aspects of my procedure. I also was totally impressed with his staff. Not only the many years experience, but the fun attitude in the office, which shows they not only loved their jobs, but have respect for Dr. Charles' ability. Many have worked for other Doctors and assured me, Dr. Charles is the best.

I had my procedure on Friday, 9/12 and it was a breeze. Dr. Charles does only one procedure a day and he makes sure it's perfect. I can already tell my hairline is going to be natural looking and the rest nice and full.

No matter where you live, it's worth the trip to Florida to have Dr. Charles do your procedure.

God Bless,

Jim Imbimbo

My sentiments exactly!

I have had 2 HT from Dr. Charles. The first one grew in great.

I did the anterior portion of my head seeing the hairline was finished.

The day of my second surgery to do the crown I smacked my head and 3-4 grafts popped out, I called Dr.Charles in a panic, he said "don't worry, I'm out with my family now, we will drive home so meet us there in 45 minutes! He replaced them in his study with his twin boys curiously hanging around!

He really, really cares about his patients and their results.He is a perfectionist for sure!

The staff are also awesome.