A couple of questions

Hello all,

So I am 6 weeks post op. Just thought I would pass along a few comments about my HT experience thus far.

Right after surgery, and for 4 days I was not happy...looked like crap. Day 4 was a good day, started to heal. Day 8 was the turning point, hardly any pain or tightness when the staples were removed. Then at Day 14 I took off for 3 weeks to New Zealand on a tour. Awesome time, although the grafts started falling out and that was a bit stressful.

Now I am back and my hair is buzzed, #1 on top, #2 on the sides and mid, #3 over the back scar...nobody really noticed anything, a couple of comments about the short hair. No pink region, basically I look like I haven't had surgery and just buzzed my hair.

Couple of questions:

1) I still have a few grafts coming out every morning, is this normal? How long will that last for? (I was kind of hoping the remaining hairs were native and this was the worst it was going to get)

2) When is the earliest someone has seen growth, and how will I be able to tell? I have tiny small hairs amongst the native hair, but I can't tell where they came from.

Thanks, guys, I wish I was more computer minded so I could post some of these pics.

Baldeagle.

Hello all,

So I am 6 weeks post op. Just thought I would pass along a few comments about my HT experience thus far.

Right after surgery, and for 4 days I was not happy...looked like crap. Day 4 was a good day, started to heal. Day 8 was the turning point, hardly any pain or tightness when the staples were removed. Then at Day 14 I took off for 3 weeks to New Zealand on a tour. Awesome time, although the grafts started falling out and that was a bit stressful.

Now I am back and my hair is buzzed, #1 on top, #2 on the sides and mid, #3 over the back scar...nobody really noticed anything, a couple of comments about the short hair. No pink region, basically I look like I haven't had surgery and just buzzed my hair.

Couple of questions:

1) I still have a few grafts coming out every morning, is this normal? How long will that last for? (I was kind of hoping the remaining hairs were native and this was the worst it was going to get)

2) When is the earliest someone has seen growth, and how will I be able to tell? I have tiny small hairs amongst the native hair, but I can't tell where they came from.

Thanks, guys, I wish I was more computer minded so I could post some of these pics.

Baldeagle.

1. Normal for the grafts to still be falling out. I thought that I had retained several grafts, but many fell out at about 10 weeks.

2. Most of the hairs will come in light and soft and gradually start to thicken up over time. I have heard of growth at about week 10 but some do retain grafts also.

Good luck with things.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

baldeagle,

NN has given you some good advice. Keep in mind that new hair growth doesn't typically occur for most until between month 3 and 5, and as NN said, it is gradual and over time.

If you would like to post photos, see instructions for creating an album or hair loss blog by clicking here.

Best wishes,

Bill