Bosley - HELP

I just received 400 grafts at Bosley. I didn't know that Bosley had a bad reputation until after getting the procedure and am now a little worried. The procedure was performed by Dr. Gossard at the Beverly Hills Bosley Medical institute.

I am 28 yrs of age and have slight recession in the frontal side areas. It is not major, but enough to cause depression and enough to affect my confidence and way of life. I am sure others here can understand. My plan was to fill in slowly as hair loss progresses so this was my first attempt after using propecia for about 3 years.

I feel like the job they performed did not necessarily improve my appearance and am having a very stressful moment right now. The areas in which they transplanted hair seem too far apart Can anyone comment on any experiences with Bosley? Am I just worrying needlessly? It seems and too sparce to look credible once hair regrows.

like there are very mixed opinions on Bosley and I regret not finding this board sooner. I am only 24 hours after my surgery but am more worried than ever...

Please let me know any thoughts or if anyone can help me in any way. I would truly appreciate it.

I just received 400 grafts at Bosley. I didn't know that Bosley had a bad reputation until after getting the procedure and am now a little worried. The procedure was performed by Dr. Gossard at the Beverly Hills Bosley Medical institute.

I am 28 yrs of age and have slight recession in the frontal side areas. It is not major, but enough to cause depression and enough to affect my confidence and way of life. I am sure others here can understand. My plan was to fill in slowly as hair loss progresses so this was my first attempt after using propecia for about 3 years.

I feel like the job they performed did not necessarily improve my appearance and am having a very stressful moment right now. The areas in which they transplanted hair seem too far apart Can anyone comment on any experiences with Bosley? Am I just worrying needlessly? It seems and too sparce to look credible once hair regrows.

like there are very mixed opinions on Bosley and I regret not finding this board sooner. I am only 24 hours after my surgery but am more worried than ever...

Please let me know any thoughts or if anyone can help me in any way. I would truly appreciate it.

I don't think you should judge the work based on historical threads about Bosley.

Yes, Bosley is famous for promoting small sessions to "stay ahead of your hairloss". You'll read here about top HT Drs that promote dense packing and limiting the number of times you disturb the donor area by removing strips.

You're young and had a small session performed. Let your donor site heal while you spend more time here reading and interacting with people who have been in your shoes.

Did you have the best HT or the worst HT? Most likely no on both accounts. Relax, I am 17 days post HT and know that only time will tell the results (usually a year!).

Now that you're here you will be best equipped to plan for the next HT, 24 is very young, you will most likely need another down the road anyway.

Relax.

Give yourself 6 months or a year to judge your results.

Yes, Bosley does have satisfied patients, it's just that your odds of satifaction are much higher at smaller clinics where they use the latest methods. You could very well be satisfied.

One possible good thing... since you had your grafts in the hairline, hopefully Bosley had the good sense to use Micrografts only. The larger Minigrafts are more problematic than Micrografts, and clinics like Bosley tend to use Minigrafts behind the hairline, in the crown etc. (unless the clinic is totally incompetent). Hopefully we can assume you had all Micrografts, and they will turn out fine.

Relax and let yourself heal, and use this time to educate yourself about the fine points of modern transplants. You did not get a huge amount of grafts. I question the wisdom of "keeping up with hair loss" with transplants, but there is no use in second-guessing that with you, now.

Stay on Propecia, maintain as much of your natural hair as possible, and that will help make any transplant look better.

In the meantime, try to take care of yourself, pamper your scalp, and relax.

you're already down that road. If you continue losing your hair - which is very likely, you'll have to either keep getting HT's or end up with islands of hair, and nothing behind. It's a little easier with FUE, provided that you have the money, but many people feel that if you are headed for NW6/7 (lose almost all your hair), you will run out of donor hair. I've seen a few posts, where people wished they have never gotten an HT in the first place, because of that. How bald are your grandparents/father? It can give you some idea where you may end up, but shouldn't be taken for granted. In any case, if you haven't started yet, definitely get on Propecia - it will slow down hairloss, and possibly introduce some regrowth.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke