Hair and skin clinic Los Angeles

vinto

Here's the deal.

I have had 2 hair transplants, and am now 2 months on Avodart.

I heard this advertisement on a sports radio station, which claims to treat people with thinning hair or a problem with hairloss.

So I decided to drop by the place and see what exactly the treatment is. It turns out to be a spa with tanning bed and the whole nine. I was sat down in a small room with this machine that I can recognize it as being a all around low level laser stimulator machine (sorry my internet lingo is not yet up to par).

The guy walked in and introduced himself as the owner of the spa and explained that I will be put under the machine for 30 minutes a day, 2 times a week for the first 4-6 weeks, and after that once every week for a year.

He also explains that aside from the DHT, the sebum built up can also cause the hair to be dormant.

So on top of the laser treatment, he introduced me to 3 shampoo, conditioner and cleanser which will help me get rid of the sebum and reopen the clogged pores. He also throws in a filter which goes into your showerhead to filter out chlorine. He said chlorine was Protein killer, so he wants to be rid of that.

All for 5600 dollars or somewhere around there. Now all my red flgs and alarms are going off, but on the other hand I have this attitude where "it couldn't hurt". I was sure to do it, but he was a bit pushy at times with lines "What can I do to help you sign up with us today".

What do you guys think? Any success stories with these type of treatment? Aside from time (1 year) being spent, and 5600 dollars down, could it actually hurt? Is the Sebum one of the causes for baldness? If yes, how do you make it better?

Thank you

Regards,

The reason that "Sebum" concerns me is because I did a test, where it shows that my DHT level is well below average. The test was taken before I started taking Propecia or Avodart. Basically, I'm not losing any hair, it's just thinning all over.

• 1 year later...