Allergic Reaction? Why???

Hey all,

I have been using Head and Shoulders sensitive scalp formula the past month or so. I went through the whole bottle and realized that I was it was actually causing dandruff! I figured this had to be an allergic reaction of some sort because though my hair is thinning, I've always had a healthy, clean scalp. Though my hairloss is not yet noticable (only to me), I don't want this allergic reaction to do any more harm than it has already done. After going back to my Vive for Men thickening shampoo, i realized that my scalp was kinda bumpy and scaly from what the Head and Shoulders did. So what did I try and do? Getting the Neutrogena T/Sh or something dandruff shampoo for bumpy scalp,to maybe try and cure what the head and shoulders did. I think this just worsened it. I feel more bumps now and i'm freakin out! I don't have health care but I don't care... I have to go see a dermatologist ASAP and have this taken care of. I am also looking in to starting propecia to slow down whatever natural hair loss I am going through.. Ughh it's tough bein a poor college student!

- yankCap

HairySituation,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Not sure why you are having an allergic reaction to Head and Shoulders, but this anti-dandruff shampoo doesn't do anything to stop hair loss.

If you are suffering from hair loss and looking to save money on Propecia, look into speaking to a physician about Proscar which is a pill that contains 5mg of finasteride instead of Propecia's 1. Cutting the pill into quarters is very similar to Propecia and much cheaper.

Best wishes on preventing hair loss.

Bill