7 days post op

HI- I am new to this forum. I have been reading it and I think it is great that there is such a supportive and informative forum here. Well, here is my story....I am a female who has had just had the procedure done 1 week ago. On day 11, I am due to have the staples removed. Will this be very painful? I am stressing out already. TIA for any responses. Jan

HI- I am new to this forum. I have been reading it and I think it is great that there is such a supportive and informative forum here. Well, here is my story....I am a female who has had just had the procedure done 1 week ago. On day 11, I am due to have the staples removed. Will this be very painful? I am stressing out already. TIA for any responses. Jan

Hi Jan

congratulations on taking your big step, i think you will be very happy in a few months. As for the staples, I don't think you will have a big problem, listen to your drs post-op care instructions and do a search on staple removal on this site and you will get lots of great information. Some posters indicated to soak in a warm bath the day of staple removal and others say have a beer to help relax you. either way I am sure you will gets lots of good advice shortly from the members and good luck!!!! hopefully you will let us see some photos of your progress,

tommyf

Thanks for your welcome. I don't have any pictures of my own yet, although the Dr. does (Dr. Feller- he was great). Maybe I'll have my 10 yr old take a pic and I'll attach it. My son is very intrigued by the whole process. I was not sure what I was going to tell him at first, but I just explained the situation to him and he was fine....