done with the liquid

giants

I switched from rogaine foam to the liquid about 2 weeks ago. Horrible decision, im back on the foam. It made my scalp incredibly dry and itchy. My sclap had white patches all day and people would comment on it.

The foam may not have been that effective but atleast it wasnt a pain.

For me Rogaine was always a pain so I never used it. I never felt it was worth it .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...
Guest eyebrow

Be cafeful if you're having a reaction to any topical. You can end up in much worse shape! Liquid minoxidil contains polypropylene glycol. It's in a huge number of cosmetic and hair products and an irritant for a lot of people. Before Rogaine came out with the pg-free foam, a number of internet sites started selling formulations that didn't contain it but contained other chemicals like trentoin (retin-A) which has been shown to increase absorbtion and efficacy.

I didn't have any sensitivity problems with pg or anything else until I tried some other hair loss products and got a whopping case of contact dermatitis on the application site which spread to my whole face. I tried to go back to liquid minoxidil after a while but I can no longer use it - not just the flaking but burning and redness. I used the same things on my face for years and now, even after several months, I still can't use ANYTHING without a reaction so I'm dry, flaky, blotchy and breaking out like a teenager in my 40's now, too!!!

I do think minoxidil helped so I'm going to give the foam a try but I think I may have created an immune system sensitivity not just to pg but to minoxidil. Ugh.

giants,

yeah why did you switch? whats up with you and all this exotic hair shit (i.e. getting hair from dead corpses--if you can still dig up Elvis drop me a line. Im in!!!---putting your hair on a baby pig and letting her wild seeds sow so you can get it back and put it on yours, etc. etc...).

Just stick with the winners. Or else your gonna end up with a pig head with a pompador...