? regarding hair regrowth

Ive currently been on finasteride (proscar) for about 5months now. Im thinking of switching over to Propecia for the ease of no cutting and guarnteed dosage everytime. Anyways, I want to start on Rogaine foam as well. Now my questions:

Say I stay on Rogaine Foam for 6months or so and have some regrowth and strenghting in crown region. I then stop but continue on Propecia. Would the finasteride uphold and regrowth from the minoxidil?

Second, I know that both brand name and generic contain finasteride. But have there been any reports of the generic not doing the trick as well the brand name finasteride?

Id really appreciate some help icon_wink.gif

thanks guys!

Ive currently been on finasteride (proscar) for about 5months now. Im thinking of switching over to Propecia for the ease of no cutting and guarnteed dosage everytime. Anyways, I want to start on Rogaine foam as well. Now my questions:

Say I stay on Rogaine Foam for 6months or so and have some regrowth and strenghting in crown region. I then stop but continue on Propecia. Would the finasteride uphold and regrowth from the minoxidil?

Second, I know that both brand name and generic contain finasteride. But have there been any reports of the generic not doing the trick as well the brand name finasteride?

Id really appreciate some help icon_wink.gif

thanks guys!

diamondlight,

Using generic minoxidil and finasteride is just as effective as using brand names.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee Propecia will keep any hair that Rogaine regrows. In my opinion, if both hair loss treatments are working for you, consider staying on both.

Hope this helps.

Bill

thanks for the reply Bill...as always icon_wink.gif

the fin has seemed to slow down my hair loss and I havent noticed any regrowth yet. It still seems a little early to make a final assessment as to how great it is. But I'll definatley be starting the rogaine as well for the one two punch icon_smile.gif hope it helps!