return to work 4 days post op?

i'm looking at having a small procedure 1000-1200 with a coalition doc to add more density; will not be lowering the hairline just adding more density; if i had the procedure on a friday, could i return to work on tuesday without it looking detectable; my hair is an inch long or so, so the suture line will not be an issue as far as visibility; worried about the receipent area; i do have a lot of native hair to help camoflage the receipent area

pic1.thumb.jpg.15a8c5607912f74b203de088b15e18cb.jpg

Assuming you're going with a surgeon who doesn't require shaving the recipient zone, I think it might be feasible to pull it off, provided your hair is long enough in the front to obscure the work. However, it's definitely a little risky in my opinion; you don't want to be messing with the area too much only days after the procedure. You'll have to grow bangs that will naturally dry over the hairline and definitely avoid using any "product" that will aggravate the scalp. I'd mention it during your consultation.

Ideally, I think you should allow yourself a few more days to recover, but ultimately it's your judgment call. You may still have to contend with some swelling, which won't be easy to mask, and possibly some other issues. It's best not to totally expose yourself to the world before you're ready. In the end, your individual physiology will greatly influence the rate of recovery and overall detectability. How have you fared in the past?

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website