Propecia side effects

balding_male36

Hello,

I am considering trying propecia but have some concerns that I am hoping someone here can address.

I understand that one of the potential side effects is temporarily increased hair loss, but how long can I expect this phase to last?

Also, are there any known cases where hair loss caused by propecia has been persistent?

Any statistics available on the incidence of initial hair loss caused by propecia?

Lastly, what is the risk of irreversible erectile dysfunction caused by propecia?

Your input is much appreciated.

So far I can't find any other Propecia users on THIS website where Propecia has been proved to give you your answer.

Although I will tell you that many propecia users have found A high amount of decreased libido. Propecia.help.com can show you more cases where it has become very bad.

They also will not let people discuss this in a forum. You can state your experience thoe, read up.

For my self the libido thing isn't that bad.

My hair did shed, and I hope those shed return, or maybe my haircyle thingamajig will Balance it's self out.

You will not find much here about propecia except negative result patients.

Im just a Propecia User.

I have been on it for one year next week.

Good luck

Originally posted by default609:

So far I can't find any other Propecia users on THIS website where Propecia has been proved to give you your answer.

Although I will tell you that many propecia users have found A high amount of decreased libido. Propecia.help.com can show you more cases where it has become very bad.

I would definitely keep clear of propeciahelp.com, as it is a concentrated collection of people who blame their whole lives on Propecia. Perhaps that's a bit harsh but it's certainly not a good place to research facts.

Best place to look in my opinion is the FDA 5 year study as that is the most comprehensive study preformed to date. I think you can assess it through Merck's website.

Cheers,

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)