Are there any world-class FUE surgeons in Los Angeles?

(or Los Angeles area, Orange County, San Diego, etc.)

If not, who would be the best choice closest to Los Angeles? My hairline is high, so I am looking for the absolute best surgeon in hairline creation.

I'm hesitant to leave the country (or even the state of California) in the event of any surgical problems develop afterward(malpractice, etc).

This forum has been a tremendous help and I appreciate your input!

If not, who would be the best choice closest to Los Angeles? My hairline is high, so I am looking for the absolute best surgeon in hairline creation.

I'm hesitant to leave the country (or even the state of California) in the event of any surgical problems develop afterward(malpractice, etc).

Hair transplants are considered low-risk surgery, meaning that it is unlikely you will have a medical emergency. The biggest risk is that you will not be satisfied with your appearance, after all is said and done. Malpractice will not be an issue whatsoever IF you choose your doctor wisely. If you were going to travel to get a strip excision, then you'd need to get your local physician or nurse (or find a friend) to help you remove your stitches (or staples) 10 or so days after surgery, if you had returned home by that time.

What I am saying is that you might want to reconsider your decision not to travel. Especially because FUE is more patient-friendly as far as recovery.

Hair transplants are a niche procedure and the list of top doctors is small, even more so when it comes to the doctors doing FUE. I recommend that you try to figure out who are the world's best doctors, and make that your only criteria.

Agree with Arfy...dont let distance be your deciding factor...you may end up getting a "B" or "C" transplant locally but miss out on the "A" results by limiting your choices.

Ive not heard of many postop complications (infection, bleeding and pain are the only complications that I can think of). If these were to happen, it would generally be within the first 1-2 days after the surgery.

I know some guys stay in a hotel close by for a couple of days. ShedHarris stayed in Vancouver a few days until staples removed... you may want to ask his take on doing this. Its all about comfort level on this one.

Even if you were to fly back the same day as your procedure, you can always see a local doc to take care of the above issues if by chance they were to occur.

• 1 year later...

I lived in OC when I started shopping ....20 years ago. I checked Straub,Torrence, a big one in Anaheim area, Frankel I think, Elliot & True, a couple in SF/Palo Alto and I chose to go to Minneapolis to Ron Shapiro...

Don't worry. I was comfortable. he's an artist. 2236 f/u in May 2003.. Yes I'll do more, and most likely Shapiro will be the one. ...

Take the flight out... Pick the one you like the best.. regardless of location, and go there.

Originally posted by HairHindered:

• 2 weeks later...