Healing of Recipient Site under FUE

Much faster, much easier. Unless of course there are 3-4K+ grafts extracted. From those who have had that done, there seems to be some lingering pain and down time.

Still not as difficult a post-op as strip---simply because not being worried about stretching your scar is a huge relief.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I have a little weeping of the FUE holes the first night after surgery (take a old towel for the hotel pillows), then second day I shampoo the site.

Red dots for next 4 or 5 days but healed to the touch, then pretty much visibly healed by end of the week.

I'v never had strip but FUE healing is very quick and almost painless.

I'm mainly concerned about the area where the hair is placed. I thought the strip and FUE only difference in the "donor" region and strip took much longer to heal from donor area but healing times would be the same at the recipient area...

Just concerned because I want to return to work quickly, and don't want the surgery to be noticeable.

Sorry, we misread your initial question.

Recovery in the 'recipient' is the same as the strip technique. The only difference between the two techniques relates to the donor site. Planting the grafts in the recipient is the same.