Two months post HT, any recomendations?

I am a fresh HT patient, 2/7/10 will be two months from my surgery. I have a few questions for those who are in the know or have already had the procedure. I had around a 1100 graft HT, everything has gone very well. As far as the transpllant area all healing is complete aside from ingrown hairs. The donar area is still a little tender and still healing. I have been prescibed Proscar (generic Propecia) and a Minoxidil plus 5% propecia topical solution. I am also using a specialized shampoo named, "DHS with Zinc", that inhibits DHT from attacking the folicles. Over the counter I was told to take 2-3 grams of fish oil, 5000mcg of biotin, and 800mcg of folic acid daily. I have done everthing as instructed by my doctor, Dr. Edmond Griffin. After the first week, everything looked great! I had hair in places I havent in years, but after about two weeks the hair began to break off. Is this something I should be concerned about? I do have regrowth mostly on the very front, on the sides there is some but it is minimal. Is there anything else that you all recomend to do to make this process more succussful?

polarbears,

Welcome to our forum community.

It's perfectly normal for the transplanted hairs to fall out 2 to 4 weeks after surgery. I'm surprised Dr. Griffin didn't go over this with you. Just about all of your transplanted hair will shed while the new transplanted follicles remain in tact and dormant for several months. Around 3 to 5 months after the procedure, you should start experiencing new signs of growth. Hair growth is gradual and starts growing thin, colorless and fine. Your hair transplant will take up to a full year to mature.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Bill, I think a lot of times docs do go over post-op instructions, timelines, etc. but many patients are in such a haze after surgery they forget.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr. Griffin's office provided extensive literature and was extrememly professional throughout the entire process. The best part now is that I have regrowth coming through. I can only expect things to get better from here. I will upload pictures to visually document my results. Thanks!

confused,

The follicles/roots will remain in the scalp however, sometimes when the hair sheds with the scab, it appears like the follicle. At this point, the follicles are firmy embedded into the scalp and would have to be surgically removed. Feel free to post any photos of shed hair you are concerned about.

Best wishes,

Bill