Long time lurker

I have been researching these forums for about two and a half years now starting with hair loss help forum, then hairsite, and now here. I want some minor fue work to close my temples from nw 2-2.5ish to a nw 1sh. I have decent fam history w/no meds and can't decide which doc to pull the trigger. Feller seems reputable, umar seems talanted affordable and armani both sara and alvi show awesome results but are worrisome seeing how they are not looked upon greatly on htn and hlh. I wonder why this forum doesn't embrace the armanis and some of the other docs and vice versa on hairsite, the sites seem separate. Hairsite has never brought up any of feller's great work. Sara and alvi both show a ton of before and after pics and I'm scared why this site thinks so lowly of them. confused...

I have been researching these forums for about two and a half years now starting with hair loss help forum, then hairsite, and now here. I want some minor fue work to close my temples from nw 2-2.5ish to a nw 1sh. I have decent fam history w/no meds and can't decide which doc to pull the trigger. Feller seems reputable, umar seems talanted affordable and armani both sara and alvi show awesome results but are worrisome seeing how they are not looked upon greatly on htn and hlh. I wonder why this forum doesn't embrace the armanis and some of the other docs and vice versa on hairsite, the sites seem separate. Hairsite has never brought up any of feller's great work. Sara and alvi both show a ton of before and after pics and I'm scared why this site thinks so lowly of them. confused...

Welcome to the board!!

I agree the HT boards can be confusing. On some boards some doctors are trashed and some doctors are praised and other boards sometimes you sometimes see the opposite responses to the same doctors. If your hair loss is not very large are you sure this is a path you want to go down? May I ask your age? If you can see some patients in person I would recommend that. Pictures can be quite misleading sometimes. I wish you the best of luck. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

This is the only site which holds the physicians accountable. Each physician and clinic has been peer reviewed and most have recieved glowing reviews from patients.

When I first started researching ht's I for sure thought I would go to Armani. his results seemed awesome (all strip) and he would put my hairline wherever I wanted it (no ethics). But as I researched more and got a bit wiser, you realize that being a NW1 is just not realisitc. You need to plan LONG TERM, not just for the next 5-10 years, but for your life. Dense packing 4000 graphs in a 23 yr old is not ethical and will leave the patient looking like a freak as he gets older.

Moreover, Armani's extraction FUE techniques are terrible. Every single dr. on this site will tell you how difficult it is to perform just 1500 graphs a day, yet here is Armani churning out thousands per day! He is most likely damaging a ton of hair folices as well scarring the donor area.

Hairsite is a joke, ask Pats205 to show you his fue crown work from armani, he's been promising pics for 18 months now and nothing...he friggin works for armani, so draw your own conclusions on the results.

If you want fue, I would reccomend feller or shapiro. Shapiro is cheaper and they are known for hairlines. They use the same tools and are both really really good and really ethical. Good luck

wantego: i'm 26 years old, meeting patients in person seems like the smartest thing to do just awkward/tedious

hdude46: pats205 not showing pics really sucks,makes me leery, however the two armanis show lots of results. B spot-shapiro's rep has said that shapiro has just started FUE and they don't have pictures of results leaving feller the only one with pics.

I think I attached a pic of one of my power alleys

3.JPG.c99b59d548837d23cd08747ddf462d0e.JPG

look up stingray's armani fue results, there are countless others, but even if you got a "good result" from armani, the damage he is doing to surrounding folicles in the donor you just dont seem to understand or care about.

A little fue to fill in the temples is much more than that. This is a life long comitment. Look at ALL male relatives in your blood to get an idea of what a wrose case scenario might look like for you. If you want to go to armani, do it, but i guarantee you will regret it.

jon if you dont mind can you post a shot of the top of your head...

i just want to see if your mid scalp/vertex is showing signs of thinning.

the decision is really up to you...however you have to keep in mind the long term implications which include losing more hair

hdude: I have seen stingray and it is not good. He has to comb it forward to cover the bad work and it really sparse. I have seen alot of really good results however. As for damaging surrounding hair, how did you find this out, it is really interesting. never heard that before, once again I have above average fam history with noone going higher than nw 3 before 60.

moses: i made a blog esp. for you buddy

Jon,

I took the liberty of adding your blog to your forum signature and under your name.

As others have indicated, all physicians recommended on the Hair Transplant Network are prescreened and go through our transparency and accountability process and are reviewed on a regular basis. Only surgeons who consistently produce excellent results and stand behind their patients will keep their recommendation. No physician ever receives tenure.

To see how we recommend surgeons, click here.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

b/c EVERY OTHER TOP DOC CANNOT GET MORE THAN 1500 GRAPHS IN ONE SITTING SAFELY!!!!. How is it that Armani can get 4-5k in one day w/o being careless and damaging surrounding folicles?! He uses a drill, this allows him to get large amounts of graphs with little regard for what they do to the surrounding folicles

Do a search on this site and see what people have to say about him. The fact that I'm talking you out of going to him tells me you havent done nearly enough research and arent ready for a ht. Do more research, especially on this site.