Why aren't body hair transplants done more?

celiboy

Obviously the problem with HT's are the limited donor supply. I understand that a few doctors are doing body hair transplants and that the transplanted hair takes on the same traits as hair on the top of one's head. However it seems as though this is only done in rare cases? Why is this the case? Seems like a solution to donor supply, doesnt it? Am I missing something here?

I happen to have very thick and coarse body hair. More than ample to cover my problem spots. Also my hairstyle is in the Ceaser cut fashion so it's normally short anyways. I know I would rather have donor hair come from my chest than my head....if there were scars (unlikely as FUE is used) they wouldn't be too noticeable as you'd normally wear a shirt, whereas your head is always visible unless wearing a hat.

Obviously the problem with HT's are the limited donor supply. I understand that a few doctors are doing body hair transplants and that the transplanted hair takes on the same traits as hair on the top of one's head. However it seems as though this is only done in rare cases? Why is this the case? Seems like a solution to donor supply, doesnt it? Am I missing something here?

I happen to have very thick and coarse body hair. More than ample to cover my problem spots. Also my hairstyle is in the Ceaser cut fashion so it's normally short anyways. I know I would rather have donor hair come from my chest than my head....if there were scars (unlikely as FUE is used) they wouldn't be too noticeable as you'd normally wear a shirt, whereas your head is always visible unless wearing a hat.