Dear all - Advice on Dr Mahadevia

I am going for hair restoration in India. I have been in contact with Dr. Mahadevia. He advised me for Strip Hair Transplants as it costs less than FUE. Moreover, the follicular units that are developed from strip grafts are often more healthy than FUE because they are thoroughly dissected under microscope.

Dr Mahadevia advised me for 6000 transplant in 2 sitting at a total cost of ??2200. I think that the cheapest one could ever get. Is it too good to be true?

Can anybody please tell me about the quality of his work?

Is he a reputable physician/ surgeon with high quality of work?

Is the quality of his Trichophytic closure good??¦Which mean is it almost invisible.

How his clinical setting is like

How his technicians are like

I would really appreciate if anybody who has undergone hair restoration with him be in contact with me ASAP. I have an array of questions to ask??¦..Please help me if you can

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I am going for hair restoration in India. I have been in contact with Dr. Mahadevia. He advised me for Strip Hair Transplants as it costs less than FUE. Moreover, the follicular units that are developed from strip grafts are often more healthy than FUE because they are thoroughly dissected under microscope.

Dr Mahadevia advised me for 6000 transplant in 2 sitting at a total cost of ??2200. I think that the cheapest one could ever get. Is it too good to be true?

Can anybody please tell me about the quality of his work?

Is he a reputable physician/ surgeon with high quality of work?

Is the quality of his Trichophytic closure good??¦Which mean is it almost invisible.

How his clinical setting is like

How his technicians are like

I would really appreciate if anybody who has undergone hair restoration with him be in contact with me ASAP. I have an array of questions to ask??¦..Please help me if you can

Thanks icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of the Dr in question, regarding results, his clinic and his team of technicians. Maybe somebody else could help you out with their knowledge.

What I will say is that is that 2200 Sterling for 2 transplants totalling 6000 grafts, is yes, far too good to be true. Perhaps you mistyped or have misunderstand. I would average a 3000-4000 HT at in and around 10000 sterling depending on your Dr and other variables. But this is just 1 one sitting remember. A follow up second procedure, at an advised 12 month wait, would cost the same again.

Regarding the tricho closure being almost undectable, I would say that this is not necassarily true. Some results prove outstanding whilst others a little more average. It really depends upon the individual and the Docs skill but please understand that it is the gold standard in donor closure. Hope this helps.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I understand that everybody economic power is different but shopping transplant at the cheapest price can be dangerous. We are not talking about two of the same car, so results will definately vary. Having said that the most expensive transplant are not neccessarily the best or the cheapest the worst. I do not know anything about Dr. Mahadevia looking at his pictures on his website I am not impressed (Pictures too small, bad lighting, blurry).

You have done the right thing researching before you make a decision, you need to find clients that are not from the clinic to be sure of your decision.

I do know things cost less in India so this price could be possible. That is around $.75 US a graft so I would not be surprised if that is the price.

There is a myth about Trichophytic. It doesn't guarantee you a great scar. If I doctor consistenly doesn't have good scars with the tricho it is not going to make a different. For the doctor that have close to pencil thin results its the cherry on the banana split.

Regardless I wish you alot of luck on your research and decision. Remember there is only one thing worse that losing your hair that is recieving a bad transplant.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 year later...