Shapiro: 2500 FU, other docs:1500. How can this be?

Okay..

I don't get it.

I've seen three docs (all in Philly)

and they all tell me that I'm a candidate

for about 1500 FUs.

I'm having my phone consult with Matt from Shapiro on Wednesday.. so, I'm still trying to get more educated, and might be jumping the gun by asking this, but...

But.. here's what I don't get...

(a) Why don't *ALL* docs do 2500 FUs? Shapiro's web site quotes: "Performing sessions any smaller would be counter productive as it would not maximize the procedures potential."

(b) The doc I saw today said that doing this many could cause crowding, and hence, the grafts would not take. That is, if the area is swelled up a bit, there's a good chance the hair will just pop out due to crowding.

So... the question is the same: How does Shapiro (successfully?) do 2500, when others seem to only do 1500?

Okay..

I don't get it.

I've seen three docs (all in Philly)

and they all tell me that I'm a candidate

for about 1500 FUs.

I'm having my phone consult with Matt from Shapiro on Wednesday.. so, I'm still trying to get more educated, and might be jumping the gun by asking this, but...

But.. here's what I don't get...

(a) Why don't *ALL* docs do 2500 FUs? Shapiro's web site quotes: "Performing sessions any smaller would be counter productive as it would not maximize the procedures potential."

(b) The doc I saw today said that doing this many could cause crowding, and hence, the grafts would not take. That is, if the area is swelled up a bit, there's a good chance the hair will just pop out due to crowding.

So... the question is the same: How does Shapiro (successfully?) do 2500, when others seem to only do 1500?

Jerry,

Do not go to Dr. Gallagher in Phila. Him and Tom screwed me up big time. Tom is a lying piece of shxx. They low ball grafts. They arn't big enough to do large session. They will lie and tell you 2k of grafts at once won't grow.

He should be thrown off this site.

Getting a HT isn't like having your tonsils removed... there are a whole bunch of ways to do it, and only a handful of doctors do consistently excellent work. You will need to seek these excellent doctors out, or you risk getting a mediocre result.

Philadelphia doesn't seem to be a hotbed of HT talent. Which 3 doctors did you see?

Avoid Dr. McVaugh in Philadelphia, he is not good.

I visited the Bosley site about 2 years ago...

I thought the DOCTOR had a crappy job done...

(yet, I know he couldn't do it on himself..)

I just didn't get a good feeling..

Jump to this year..

I saw the MHR folks here... didn't meet with the doc (Bradley Kurgis), but met with Tyson, the very nice and helpful consultant. He was really great...

I also saw Gallagher. *He* looks much better in real life than his photo on his web site does. He was nice too.. I have nothing "bad" to say about the consult.

I'm still going to talk with the Shapiro group... I have a consult with Matt on Wednesday.

I wouldn't go to Bosley or MHR. If you do a search on either group here you will no doubt find countless horror stories on the two of them. From what I gather, Shapiro in Minnesota is a class act and would probably be considered on anyone's top 5 list.

Jerry,

I have had 2 corrective procedures. I have a large scar. Dr. Gallagher is a con artist. He is the nicest piece of shxx you will ever meet. Tom Spatula is a loser. He got butchered and has no respect for any other young man out there. He is a pathologial liar. They know the game way better than you. He already worked you over with his nice guy act. He is evil and greedy. All other doctors noted his work on me as substandard. Good luck.

Remember,

There is very little recourse with a Doctor, and they know that.