Why grafts grow fuzzy/rough?

I've seen some results on this forum an on the internet of patients that the transplanted grafts don't match the native hairs. Some patients grafts grow fuzzy / rough even if they have smooth hair.

Why that happens???

May be the effect of the MINOX? On early maturation fase??

Ty

I'm sry, i think the better word is Frizze.

I've seen some results on this forum an on the internet of patients that the transplanted grafts don't match the native hairs. Some patients grafts grow fuzzy / rough even if they have smooth hair.

Why that happens???

May be the effect of the MINOX? On early maturation fase??

Ty

I'm sry, i think the better word is Frizze.

i'm also curious about why this happens. i would love to learn more about the causes, i've read in a few places it could be caused by minor graft damage. hopefully someone else has a more definitive or scientific theory.

additionally...rogaine does not cause this, it can make hair darker and thicker, but that is temporary. the frizzyness of transplants happens with or without rogaine...

P.S. can you post photos of your hairline?

From my understanding, the kinky/frizziness in appearance the grafts take on is a result of the 'shock' from being transplanted. In the vast majority of men it's very common & in time (even 18 months+) the hair returns to it's natural characteristics. It's really not too surprising that the transplanted hair doesn't initially grow in w/the same characteristics from which it was taken; since it goes through various cycles as a result of the transplant: dormant resting phase, return as fine baby hairs, etc. But, once the process of maturation takes place the hairs soften & return to their normal chaaracteristics.

In the meantime, you could always straighten your hair via chemicals at the barber/stylist. I would rather have to TEMPORARILY deal w/curly hair than a big flaming bald sea of scalp. icon_eek.gif

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Originally posted by Ron J:

From my understanding, the kinky/frizziness in appearance the grafts take on is a result of the 'shock' from being transplanted. In the vast majority of men it's very common & in time (even 18 months+) the hair returns to it's natural characteristics. It's really not too surprising that the transplanted hair doesn't initially grow in w/the same characteristics from which it was taken; since it goes through various cycles as a result of the transplant: dormant resting phase, return as fine baby hairs, etc. But, once the process of maturation takes place the hairs soften & return to their normal chaaracteristics.

In the meantime, you could always straighten your hair via chemicals at the barber/stylist. I would rather have to TEMPORARILY deal w/curly hair than a big flaming bald sea of scalp. icon_eek.gif

Thanks for this, shock makes sense.

Though it is not always temporary, I've seen some results 5-10 years down the line where those characteristics remain. If it was temporary I don't think anyone would really care, because that's such a small price to pay.

I wonder what could be done to lessen the shock a graft goes through, if anything. PRP, special aftercare, anything. Also wonder if any research has been done to aide in less shock.

Originally posted by stilldeciding:

Though it is not always temporary, I've seen some results 5-10 years down the line where those characteristics remain.

I've honestly never seen this or heard of anyone complain about it. I agree if it was permanent that would be a real pain the ass, but I would still take that over the bald look any day & have it straightened. Do you have a link of a case to which your reff to? Would be interested to see it. thanks.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.