Aside from propecia, is there anything else I can do to help?

4head

I have been on propecia since last november (a month or so before my procedure) and so far, so good. No major negative effects and I do believe that I see alot less hair falling out than I used to.

But is there anything else out there I can do to help keep my hair and possibly even stimulate new growth? (aside from rogaine)

I have heard saw palmetto and certain herbs may help out. But are these things safe to take with propecia? I also saw a post that said to drink grapefruit juice to help with absorption.

I just want to give the follicles a fighting chance with any advantage I can. But I did not want to do anything that would affect my health adversely taking the propecia into consideration.

Thanks!

I have been on propecia since last november (a month or so before my procedure) and so far, so good. No major negative effects and I do believe that I see alot less hair falling out than I used to.

But is there anything else out there I can do to help keep my hair and possibly even stimulate new growth? (aside from rogaine)

I have heard saw palmetto and certain herbs may help out. But are these things safe to take with propecia? I also saw a post that said to drink grapefruit juice to help with absorption.

I just want to give the follicles a fighting chance with any advantage I can. But I did not want to do anything that would affect my health adversely taking the propecia into consideration.

Thanks!

4head,

A number fo folks here take MSM which supposedly helps hair grow and look good. Do a search on MSM and there is a whoel thread about it.

I also know there is a thread on hairlosshelp that speaks to what supplement and shampoo routines people are following. There are several similar threads in the section below on Herbal Hairloss Remedies.

Mr. T

I did a search here but I could not find anything on MSM or shampoos and such, that people are using.

I did look it up on google and MSM does look like a good, safe option. Does anyone here have personal experience with it or other things. Is it safe to use other supplements with Propecia? I did not want to "OD" on any one thing that could be helpful in limited quantities.

I currently use a shampoo called Nioxin which is supposed to help with DHT to promote hair health and thickness. I also have sebhorric dermatitis so I use dry scalp shampoo a couple times a week to keep that under control.

Are there other options out there for me?

Thanks!

If you want info on alternatives go to hairlosshelp.com in their forum there are plenty of people using all different types of things. Some people go over board, but theres some good info on there.