Concealing my Scar

Hello Folks,

I'm 18 days post op and am going back to work on Wednesday. While I don't plan to deny I have had a hair transplant (if asked I will answer), I am concerned how obvious the donor scar is. I have a little shock loss underneath and it's still a bit red. I've ordered some DermMatch to help conceal the scar. Is this worthwhile? Is there anything else I can do?

Much appreciated,

Derek

Hello Folks,

I'm 18 days post op and am going back to work on Wednesday. While I don't plan to deny I have had a hair transplant (if asked I will answer), I am concerned how obvious the donor scar is. I have a little shock loss underneath and it's still a bit red. I've ordered some DermMatch to help conceal the scar. Is this worthwhile? Is there anything else I can do?

Much appreciated,

Derek

I found the dermatch to be very effective although it is obviously easier when your hair is slightly longer.

btw I believe shockloss is most noticeable at 2 months so it might get worse before it gets better. Still if you let the hair grow around the scar that will help.

Im in agreeance with the other boys here. I cant really see any shockloss. I think what you have is a healthy 18 day scar, repairing itself.

Good luck with the Dermatch. I hope your day goes without a hitch!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Good luck with the DermMatch. Most people seem to agree that it takes practice to perfect the application. Would love to see pics after you've used it on the scar.

I agree, good luck. I found that using it in moderation is key, the temptation is to use to much.

?™ think he definitely has some mild shockloss underneath the scar, I had a similar experience, but my hair was a little longer. In a week or two it will be much better.

An update folks. I tried and failed to get any realistic concealment with DermMatch and Nanogen. From a distance certainly a reduction in scar appearance but close up all too obvious. I tried a few times but found my scar area becoming tender. Obviously not what I want so decided to grin and bare it. Au Naturale. I figure this also provides the best environment for optimum healing. I'm going to separately post about why we feel the need to conceal our scars in the first place. I'm certainly now in a good place psychologically with my scar visible.

I'm certainly now in a good place psychologically with my scar visible.

I'm glad to hear it mate and I will look out for the other post. How did it go going back to work, did you tell people about the op? What kind of work environment are you in?