Fue at Dr Madhu's Clinic?

Creative79

I am a new member of the forum and am very eager to learn about the best HT surgeons in India.

I see that Dr Madhu's expertise in FUT is praised by almost everybody here, however, no one seems to know much about his practice of FUE (despite the fact that it is offered at his clinic). Since I am seriously considering going for FUE only, I would appreciate if someone could tell me more regarding FUE performed by Dr Madhu.

Also, someone please direct me to discussions on the side effects of Minoxidle and Propecia etc.

Thanks

HELLO MR CREATIVE

yesterday only i wentr to Dr.Madhus clinic for consultation.FUE at this clinic costs RS.200 per graft.what i understood during my consultation with him is that he do not prefer to give FUE for normal patients because of the cost and tedious process involved.

Hello Subbu

Thanks for your reply. His website says he charges rs 150 per graft. Do you think he just wants to scare away the FUE candidates because he is not good at it?

I am not sure myself if FUE is the right choice for me and hence I want to learn more about it, especially about its downsides. The only thing preventing me from considering FUT is the scar it leaves. I am fond of keeping short hair. But then I don't know if FUE also causes scars.

Creative, from the pictures that you posted, it seems you need more than 5000 grafts. I am not sure if any doctor will be willing to do an FUE for 5000 grafts; you would need several rounds of surgeries. An FUT on the other hand, can give you 5,000 grafts possibly in 1 seating, or at the most in 2 seatings.

Also, even if you keep your hair reasonably short, the FUT scare, from a good surgery outcome, won't be visible. Of course, if you prefer a buzz cut (or almost shaved down look), then obviously, the scar would be visible.

With Dr Madhu, 5000 grafts more likely might require 2 sessions. FUE on the other hand might need many more and the costs will be humongous as well. Creative79, Dr. Madhu does trichophytic closures so the scarring is minimal. Take that into consideration as well when choosing between FUT and FUE.

Hello drmstx,

Thanks for the advice. Your hair quality seems very much like mine, I think. How has been your experience with propecia and minoxidle? Does Dr Madhu insist on taking these drugs?

I was wondering if you could put here a picture of your scar. Thanks.

Both Propecia and Minox haven't worked for me, even after a year. I am balder than ever in the crown and middle areas as you might have seen from my pics. The doc of course will insist on those drugs because he has seen them work well on other patients. Scar pics coming up soon.

Cheers