Hats and Concealers After HT?

Hi All,

I'm taking the plunge for a mega-session with Dr. Hasson in late July (NW5 with good density, hoping for 4000+ grafts). So, here's my question:

How safe is it to wear a hat or use concealers after the surgery? Is there any evidence that either can damage the new grafts? (I've noticed that most of my ballcaps put a little pressure on the recipient area.)

I teach large classes at a major university and give occasional talks in the community, and I'm not crazy about just showing up in front of students a few weeks post-HT with a pinkish, odd-looking scalp . . . but I'd rather do that than risk damaging those precious incipient grafts!

Any advice is most welcome.

Thanks,

Sparse

Hi All,

I'm taking the plunge for a mega-session with Dr. Hasson in late July (NW5 with good density, hoping for 4000+ grafts). So, here's my question:

How safe is it to wear a hat or use concealers after the surgery? Is there any evidence that either can damage the new grafts? (I've noticed that most of my ballcaps put a little pressure on the recipient area.)

I teach large classes at a major university and give occasional talks in the community, and I'm not crazy about just showing up in front of students a few weeks post-HT with a pinkish, odd-looking scalp . . . but I'd rather do that than risk damaging those precious incipient grafts!

Any advice is most welcome.

Thanks,

Sparse