shock loss and dense packing qustion.

DN

Hello all. I'm considering a HT in a few weeks/months. I think I'm about a Norwood 5a, with very thick hair everywhere else. But, I still have some thin, soft hair in front that looks so-so. I know it's going to fall out someday but for now it's my friend.

I had a consult yesterday with a reputable doc who suggested 3000 FU units, over a two days stay. He said that would give good coverage for me even in the crown.

My question is how hard is it for them to work into this existing hair? Will dense packing in the front cause permanent shock loss of this hair?

I am 50 and just want to look good for my age. I may think about 2500 units instead of 3000 because of the cost. Is there a big difference in result?

I am going back to the doc with more questions, but I want as much info as possible first. Thanks. DN

Hello all. I'm considering a HT in a few weeks/months. I think I'm about a Norwood 5a, with very thick hair everywhere else. But, I still have some thin, soft hair in front that looks so-so. I know it's going to fall out someday but for now it's my friend.

I had a consult yesterday with a reputable doc who suggested 3000 FU units, over a two days stay. He said that would give good coverage for me even in the crown.

My question is how hard is it for them to work into this existing hair? Will dense packing in the front cause permanent shock loss of this hair?

I am 50 and just want to look good for my age. I may think about 2500 units instead of 3000 because of the cost. Is there a big difference in result?

I am going back to the doc with more questions, but I want as much info as possible first. Thanks. DN