Norwood vs. Norwood Type A

Ronald

One coalition doctor said I was a NW 3 another said I am NW4A.

I disagree with both and I think I am a NW3A.

This goes to show you that there is a lot of judgement involved in diagnosing and treating MPB. So I want to get some ideas on distinguishing between NW and NWA.

Look at page 50 of the book "Hair Transplantation" By Dr. Unger and Dr. Ronald Shapiro

http://books.google.com/books?...20transplant&f=false

For #1 of major requirements, do you think ALL islands are included or just unusual ones (since they use the word usual)

For #2 of major requirements, do you think "balding" means scalp showing or any degree of miniaturization?

The only reason Im wondering is because I want to know if Im NW or NWA.....but I dont have access to pics right now.......

If you look at the Norwood scale on that page I referenced, I look like a NW 3A but also have the little frontal forelock island of a NW4 (but minus the bald crown as seen in the 4 since I mostly look like a 3A).

SO yeah, Im confused........thoughts?

Ronald,

Understand that the Norwood scale of hair loss is just a guide to understanding patterns. Not everyone falls exactly into a particular category perfectly.

If you'd like some input from our members in placing you in the closest category, feel free to post a number of pictures of your scalp.

All the Best,

Bill