Cant see the grafts..Worried.

Hi Guys... I guess i am living up to my name..very curious.

I had felt I had lost more hair after my 2000 graft HT (3 months now). So i spent time looking at my scalp under the light .

I was not able notice the hair grafts... I was able to see a few..but it was very sparse even the front part of my scalp. I dont know if it is normal ..or, i was even thinking if I got the promised 2000 grafts that I paid for...Or I dont know this is how it will be and then the grafts would start growing....

I guess I am just concerned way too much...

Hi Guys... I guess i am living up to my name..very curious.

I had felt I had lost more hair after my 2000 graft HT (3 months now). So i spent time looking at my scalp under the light .

I was not able notice the hair grafts... I was able to see a few..but it was very sparse even the front part of my scalp. I dont know if it is normal ..or, i was even thinking if I got the promised 2000 grafts that I paid for...Or I dont know this is how it will be and then the grafts would start growing....

I guess I am just concerned way too much...

The place where i did my HT is

Hair Loss Treatment Centers

5032 Rochester Road Suite 200

Troy, Michigan 48085

I wish i had known this forum before my HT. I got to know this place through another frined. Technically I dont think i got enough time spent on discussing the post op effects.

HTCurious

In many mail postings on thissite you will see contributors stating quite rightly that 3 months is simply too soon to see any real benefits from your surgery.

3 months post surgery (or perhaps 3 months after the scbas have fallen off or indeed after the grafted hair has shed initially)is the average time it takes for the new hair graowth to start coming through. This is average only and some hair will be slower and some faster. Further, some individuals will be slower and some will be faster. So on the issue of growth of your new hair form the transplant I beleive that you should see some by 4 to 5 months and thereafetr the emergence of the grafts should increase. However, even after 6-7 months some new hair from your surgery will come through, and the thickness of the ahir iwll increase over the subsequent 12 months.

Anothe rreason why you may at this time perceive that you have less hair than before surgery is that you could have suffered shock loss of your natural hair. If the grafts were places close to your natural (original) hair, then the area may have suffered a little traum such that this natural hair has been shed. If it was straong hair not subject to male patten baldness then this I beleive is likely to regrow at much the same rate as the transplanted hair. If the natural hair that may have been shed had already been subject to the ravishes of MPB and had miniturised then it may nvere grow back. The only consolation here however is that you would inevitably have lost this within 6 months anycase.

Sparky